Check It: DADI |

 




Saturday Work

I'm at the office. I came in today hoping to go over all of my files in preparation with a meeting with the head of the firm. According to fellow new employee JC, the boss man was pretty thorough during thier Friday meeting. I was able to delay the meeting until Monday when I told the bossman that I planned to come in Saturday to go over my cases. I'm sure that earned some points. In general, things have been going great here. I've been complimented on my work and attitude. They are giving me more responsibilities including an upcoming deposition (my favorite, and a rarity to be given to someone with my experience). Overall, it's all gravy. Mmmm...gravy.

On the home front, things are going well. I love wifey Kim. She is such a piece of ass, I don't know what she sees in this here shlub. She's been patient with my poker and busy schedule. I couldn't ask for more.

So, I came into the office today. Wifey Kim is spending the night at her friend's place on LI. Her friend, Suzanne, is a real sweetheart. Her hubby is out in the woods camping, so the girls wanted to have some time to do whatever girls do. In my head, it involves a pillow fight that breaks out into moans and groping. Damn that's hot.

So, as I was saying, I came into the office. After, I'm heading to Hole's place for a little bit before he, his girl, Roose and his girl go to some Halloween party in NJ. Damn. It's Halloween and here I am without plans. Last year, wifey Kim, bro Keith, his girl Jen (now fiance), and me threw a Halloween Bash, in which I was passed out in my costume by midnight. I can't help but overdo it.

Whoever can tell me who I was dressed as gets a gold star. Current leader on the gold star board is Fat Dan. Maybe I'll make this into a contest. Most gold stars by the end of the year gets a prize. I don't know what yet. It might be a crappy prize. It surely won't be expensive. Maybe a piece of Jordan art (I dabble, you know). Maybe a deck of Copag cards or something. We'll figure this out.

Anyway, I love Halloween, but this really isn't Halloween this year. I blame it (not terribly upsettedly) on my Honeymooon, just 2 weeks ago, which rightfully took up my attention. Boo hoo hoo. I was in Tahiti instead of perfecting my Amish costume.

Oh, I saw a bunch of Amish today in Manhattan. Must have been 40 of them waiting around. One of them was on a cell phone. I know what you are thinking, they must be Mennonites (Amish sect that allow some electricity). Nope, pure Amish. Apparently, the rule of the Amish has something to do with being wired to the outside world. While they don't use elecricity ala plugs, those Amish fuckers are pretty genius when it comes to rigging car batteries (I know, weird). So, there is a big issue in their community about people rigging car batteries to juice up wireless cell phones. Don't believe me? Check out last week's issue of Times! Yes, I read something besides poker books and blogs.

Ok, so here is where I get introspective. I have no plans for tonight. Good bud Dan called to see if wifey Kim and I were free to hang with him and his girl. Wifey Kim can't and I kinda waffled. I spoke to little bro Dave and he is going out in the city. I don't really feel like doing that either. In fact, I think I'll end up playing some MTTs. But this makes me simultaneously happy and bummed. I love poker, and I love MTTs when I have the time. But am I being anti-social in an unhealthy way. Am I allowing poker to keep me from interacting with the outside world? It probably isn't poker, as much as it is my tendency to sometimes withdraw at times. Poker just gives me an excuse or something to do. In the past it was videogames or namesake or TV or something else nonsensical. And, last night wifey Kim and I went out with three of her pals. The night before that, I hung with Roose and bro-in-law Marc at Genoa. So, I'm probably looking too much into it.

Anyway, I guess that is it for introspection and ramblings. Thank you all for the recent kind words. Please go to the You Decide #19 post and leave some comments. I know that it might be a no brainer, but if that is the case, just say so in a comment. I want Roose to see that when these things happen, it is not necessarily your fault, his fault or anyone's fault. It's gotta be like water off a duck's back. Poker is part luck and part skill. Most people think you need to master the skill. Mastering the luck is important too though.

Back there I could flop a nut flush, I could bluff a pot, I was in charge of million dollar bankrolls, back here I can't even hold a job PARKING CARS!

posted by Jordan @ 1:01 PM,

5 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger Fat Dan said...

Am I the only one that pays attention to your little questions? You wee dressed as one of the Crazy 88 from Kill Bill.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

Good question Dan. You may be, so this might not be such a contest. Hmmm. Stupid details. But then again, I was looking for a specific name, and you didn't provide that. Sorry.

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were dressed as a "suckout"

"When your costume is beat by another player's costume because they hit the costume store and you just went into the closet to find some stuff thinking you had all the 'outs'

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Fat Dan said...

Details...Johnny Mo. I believe he is the leader of the Crazy 88 and is the bald dude.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

That's right Dan. Johnny Mo, leader of Crazy 88s.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home