Check It: DADI |

 




Millions of Peaches

Hey everybody! Interesting statistic from Statcounter shows that aside from NYers, my 2nd most amount of readers come from the great state of Georgia. It reminds me of one of my favorite movie lines. First to name the movie gets a gold star. "Peach. I could eat a peach for hours." Enjoy!

Moving on, I've continued to enjoy success in the 6-person $20 Rio Jackpot tables at Titan. I placed 1st in the two Rios I played last night. The second one included a bubble by GCox at my hands. Sorry, good buddy, but when I paired my 4 (47o hand), I knew I had you. GCox held 22. Quack quack indeed.

That makes 2 wins in a row. Four more 1st place wins get me a cool $30,000 (confirmed on Titan's site). Four more 1st or 2nd places get me $300. Still not too shabby.

I'm starting to think playing Rios with other bloggers is bad for your health. I played one with SirF a couple of nights ago and bubbled. With top 3 places paying, I just think it is too tight of a structure to have both bloggers do well. It's usually one or the other.

Even so, I am starting to think that me and Rio were made for each other (sorry wifey Kim, but the heart wants what the heart wants). According to my blog, I've played 13 Rios. I've taken 1st place 4x, 2nd 2x, 3rd 2x, and lost 5x. I'm no mathamagician, but I believe that comes out to $100 profit, or 38% Return on Investment. Not too shabby. If I can keep this up, I can regain my old bankroll figures.

I've been earning Titan Stars toward my bonus as well. I've already earned $50 of the $241 bonus I have coming. Each $1 in tournament fees ($3 per Rio) gets me 20 points toward the bonus. It sounds good on paper, but I need to earn another 700 pts before my next $10 is released. In other terms, 12 Rios. Oh well! I was going to play them anyway. If I was starting from scratch, I'd need 17 Rios. So, to continue earning my bonus, my goal is to play 8 rios per week. This should not be too difficult, as 2 per night is fairly easy. I am also, ironically, keeping myself to 2 per night. No more, no less (except for maybe weekends). This will keep my game fresh, and avoid late night last minute games. Lord knows I wanted to play a third last night. But I'm changing my play.

Paradise has taken a back seat through all of this. I still a PSO bonus to work off there. I put in for their 9000 PSO points, which I plan to redeem for $75 in Best Buy gift certificates and still have points left over. If I can get another referral bonus by the time I finish Paradise, then I can get $100 in gift certificate. Yep, you heard it right. ANOTHER REFERRAL BONUS! A HUGE thanks to Aussie Dave, aka DaveE, aka Embuscade (french for check-raise, incidentally) for signing up to PSO using referral code HighOnPoker. Get on the bandwagon people. Only YOU can make my dreams of affording a large screen TV come true. I've recently put in for $150 in BestBuy gift certificates, so I am on my way. I don't plan to pay for it all through PSO, but every little bit helps.

In other news, the HUC2 Round 1 has finished, with nary a single HUC1 competitor advancing! To GCox, SteelerJosh, TripJax and Wonka, you let me down. Everyone expected me to lose. But you guys should've taken it down, damnit! Haha. It's all love.

Finally, tonight I return to Genoa Club for their $40 freezeout. Roose, bro-in-law Marc, and possible Dave Ruff and his Ruff Riders will be coming along for the fun. Ruff found Genoa advertised on the web, and he is right to be concerned. After all, that is how raids happen. I was thinking of mentioning something to management, but it ain't my business. Oh well. Wish me luck.

Frankly, Scarlet, I don't give a free card!

posted by Jordan @ 9:21 AM,

10 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Congrats Jordan!

I will have to give those Rios a try. Sounds like a good plan. Plus, I am still trying to work for my Titan bonus too. Grinding at the low limits in limit holdem is taking more patience that I possess.

Good luck!!!

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Daddy said...

Loved the Truckin' story.
Great read, bro.

Crush.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Fat Dan said...

Face Off - Nicholas Cage

Haven't read the rest of the post yet. But had to get that in for the win.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

HAHAHA!

V, I'll see you in Rio.

Daddy, why don't you love me? Oh...sorry, flashback. To the Daddy who left a comment, thank you so very much. That means a lot coming from someone who either doesnt read my blog or at least doesn't post much. I poured myself into the story, so it makes the compliments mean even more. Hell, I'm inspired to write another one.

XXL Dan, you are correct sir. Face/Off. Other fine lines include a high-pitched screaming, "Die" ready like die-eeeeeeee! Also, "I'm Castor Troy. WHEW!" The audio is better than the transcript. A big gold star for you Dan.

Dave, this comment is classic. I cannot tell you how many times I've won something and wanted to tell everyone, but they are all sleeping or disinterested. So, I can appreciate you leaving your comment. Let's read about your win later, okay? Focus!

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Glad you're enjoying the Rio's on Titan. I completed my PSO promo on that site in September and have a nice set of NJ Desert Sands chips to show for it.

Be DARN sure that you are documenting the tables you play at for the Rio thing. Titan is keeping tabs on you but if YOU don't track the table number, date, time, etc - then you may lose out on any cash bonus. Best i was able to do on those was win 2 in a row. Ah well. Also, don't play those with the same people at the table all the time or else they will yell COLLUSION on you.

Titan doesn't like giving up money easily ya know.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

the original HUC players rock. we will live on in HUC3.

i gotta go find your truckin' story and check it out. i've been so damn busy and sick lately i feel out of the loop...

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

The Truckin' story is none other than "Message in a Bottle", which I posted here a while ago, and may be in my Notable Posts section on the right. Even so, check out Truckin' and give a shout out to Pauly.

As for CHipper's comment, I think all they need is basic time and date. I know that no site likes to give away money, but a jackpot is a jackpot, right? Right? Uh oh...I probably won't win it anyway.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger TraumaPoker said...

I think the reason you get so many hits from Georgia is that I walk around to every computer at my work and bring up your site. Just trying to help out your traffic numbers!!!

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might want to check out VegasPokerPro.com as an alternative to PSO as their promotions have lower requirements and their gifts are the same or better than PSO. As for the referral bonus, I'm sure you can work something out with them if you send over a bit of traffic. They're generally much easier to work with then the folks at PSO. They gave me a pretty good deal for getting most of the guys in my regular poker game to sign up. Nothing against PSO, just that you can usually work out a better deal with the little guy unless you really have a lot to offer.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

I've check out VegasPokerPro.com, and it looks like a PSO clone. It doesn't have a point system/store, but you can still get prizes for starting accounts through their site. Also, no referral bonuses or anything. Normally, I wouldn't think to go there, but they have some sites that are not available through PSO, most notably Royal Vegas. I might be playing some SNGs on there against UK bloggers (see Little Acorn Man), so I might actually check it out. Time will tell.

But for everyone else, PSO, referral code HighOnPoker. Thank you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home