Check It: DADI |

 




An Automatic 20

I just finished sitting at two 6-person limit tables, .25/.50 and .50/1. I was playing both tables at the same time, in order to get in as much action as possible. I am about to head to LI for a friend's fiance's surprise birthday party, and the rest of my weekend was looking pretty booked. It seems like Kim is cool with me going to Robbie Hole's birthday poker bash alone. It will be a delicate situation. After dinner with her mom and family, for her mother's birthday, I will head over to Queens. Kim said that she expects to be tired, so she will probably go back to her dad's place and call it an earlier night. This was after I asked her if it was cool for me to go to Rob's house...alone. It was kind of a dick move, but it was also a realistic question. Kim is an early sleeper, and as packed as my weekend is, her's is much worse. So I doubt that she would be okay with going to Queens, arriving around 10, sitting around while I play poker, and leaving after 1 (ideally for me). I'm very lucky to have such a supportive and understanding girl. But I digress.

So, I was playing in the limit tables. At one point, I was down to half of my stack on both tables (my stacks started at $10 and $20). But I got into a groove, and was able to turn things around. Hand selection was key. I also paid attention to players' actions, so that I could vary my play from player to player. Once I was in the groove, I was bluffing, betting, calling, and folding pretty much whenever I needed to. The result was a quick $20 upswing in under an hour. That'd be 20BB and 10BB on the two tables, as I won about $10 on each table seperately.

The win is an important one because after my recent losses, I was concerned that (a) I couldn't hang it with the higher limits compared to the tiny limits I was playing and (b) I couldn't hang it in limit tables at all and the tourney win was a fluke. Well, neither of these scenarios are true. They weren't true before I won the $20, and they aren't true after. Poker is a game of ups and downs. That's all there is to it. You can't win all the time, but you can be a winner all the time. So, I've decided to think, and be, a winner. Let the money flow.

posted by Jordan @ 6:01 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home