Check It: DADI |

 




Brain Pain

Damnit! Have you ever had one of those days where you have 100 things to do, but each one has it's own individual road block. I've got a handful of work projects going on, and nothing is easy lately. It's either a client who won't call me back, a legal theory that can't be fleshed out, an expert doctor who is ignoring me completely, or a case that has so much to do, there is no way to know where to start. Man, this is making my brain hurt.

At least tonight I can hopefully play some poker online. It's definite that I will be heading into Long Island. The question now is whether I will swing by my apartment first. If I can get out of here around 6, then I can make it to my apartment and to a LI train within a reasonable time, but otherwise, I might go direct. I miss wifey Kim already, which is kind of odd, since I live with the girl. I just can't get enough. There is nothing like waking up groggy on a Tuesday morning and seeing my beautiful woman getting ready for work. She's quite a work of art.

If I play tonight, it'll be an interesting change of pace. In my home on LI, the main computer is in a room with little else in it (aside from Mother High's absurdly large collection of romance novels). So, I don't anticipate any distractions at all. My father has a laptop and the house has wifi, but his laptop is used for work, so I can't readily justify downloading to it Yahoo IM, Titan Poker, and the myriad of other things I use while playing poker.

Also, without the headset, chatting will have to be of the typing variety. Heaven forbid!

All that said, I am looking forward to playing. At home, I can probably play a large MTT without anyone bothering me. It'll still be dicey though. As supportive as my parents have been, I might look like a tool if I'm back on LI for one night (after not being home for a month at least) and spend all of my time staring at a screen gambling. Damn me and my desire to fit within social norms!

Here is something random. Before heading to NJ yesterday for work, I realized that I didn't have any book to read. I just finished Stephen King's Dolores Claiborne, which was kick-ass. I was all out of comics (don't you judge!). So I went to my bookshelf and grabbed something random, How to Play Poker Like the Pros by Phil Helmuth. I think this was the first poker book I ever bought. The book isn't bad, but the beginners' guides are just that. I should probably review the Omaha and Stud beginner guides while I'm at it. It might help my hand selection. I still hate Omaha, but I'm a blatant masachist. I also find Hellmuth's classification of players by animal types. Looking at his animal types, I think I was more of a jackal, very aggressive and taking big swings. I think I'm moving more toward the lion (tighter hand selection, aggressive when he holds it), and maybe even, dare I say, the eagle (swoops down to pick up pots when the timing is right). But I'm thinking that Hellmuth should've also included a new type of player, the Bull, who charges whenever he has anything decent and doesn't have the common sense to nuance his play. Kinda like Bill Gates from AC, or any of the new variety of all-in crazy tournament players.

Hey, did you hear? GCox told me his wife and him are into S&M. She Sleeps and he Masterbates! HAHAHAHA

While I'm at it, here's one the whole family can enjoy:

A police officer saw a man driving around with a penguin in his passenger side seat. The cop pulled over the man. "Excuse me sir, but you can't drive around with a Penguin in your car. Take him to the zoo immediately!" "Yes officer."

A couple of hours later, the cop sees the same can and the same penguin riding shotgun. He pulls the guy over again. "Hey buddy, didn't I tell you to take that penguin to the zoo." "I did, officer, and now I'm taking him to the movies."

Yuck Yuck Yuck!

It's official, I'm brain dead.

posted by Jordan @ 4:12 PM,

4 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Blogger GaryC said...

Dude, you got it all wrong. It is S&PP that we are into. She SLEEPS and I PLAY POKER.

Funny stuff, J.

G

 
At 3:19 AM, Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

I am always highly entertained by you Jordan..enjoyed this one mucho.

When did you get that cool new banner..very hot!

Hey Gary..you can be both you know..

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger TripJax said...

HaHa...glad I wasn't the jopkee (wiping brow).

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Don't worry Trip, you are next. I just need to find something suitably crass.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home