Check It: DADI |

 




21 Outs

I got 21 outs, but a bitch ain't one.
If you havin' poker problems I feel bad for you hun.
I got 21 outs, and a bitch. ain't. one.

That songs for Veneno. It's all in fun, of course, but I must say, I've been whooping some poker ass tonight. I played 6 heads-up matches and won them all. The first one was against a stranger. I had him read and was playing him like a harp. Total overwhelming aggression. In the last hand, I held 44. I had been pushing and pulling, ebb and flow style, and had him ready to crack. It was a PL table, which I didn't realize for a while. I maxed the bet pre-flop and again after the 223 flop. He reraised the max and I pushed. He called after waiting a while. He held J9. You see, he was so desperate at this point that he tried to bluff me. I knew he'd bluff before he did. He thought I had crap, and rightly so, because my play was so overly aggressive. I was on the "flow" part of the ebb and flow, and I wanted him to think, "this dude can't have anything." Pot-committed or not, his call on the end is atrocious. Realistically, he couldn't beat a Q4! He would've had about 200 left, and we each had started with 1000. Feel the flow!

The matches vs. Veneno actually went about the same. I got her to call an all-in on the end with her top-pair J and a shit kicker v. my KJ. In the second match, I won when I held A6h and bet preflop. The flop was Xc3c5h with one heart. I think I bet small. The turn was a 4h. I had the nut flush draw and the open-ended straight draw. I also had, presumably, an overcard. I bet, she raised, and I pushed quickly. Again, I wanted her to think I was weak. Even if I lost, I had her covered. I had already fought my way back from 550 or so. She called with K5c. I hit my A on the river and won. Unfortunately, it took more than the 10 hands I predicted.

My fourth match was against a stranger for $10. I won in one hand. I held Q4d. I bet moderately pre-flop, got a flush draw and bet. Hit the flush and bet. He reraised all-in with T9, which at most was mid-pair. The rest, as they say, is hizzistory.

The next two were also against strangers for $10. I don't remember much about game 5, other than I felt good throughout. Game 6, however, is a whole different matter. I feel bad for my competition. He had me at his 1500 to my 500 when he lost his connection. I blinded him down to nothing. I felt a teensy bit bad as I did it, but what was I supposed to do? Even though I was down in chips, I must say that I still thought I could win. Luckily, I didn't have to exert myself other than hitting bet about 200x.

Heads-Up Challenge 2, here I come. By the way, anyone interested in playing is in, as far as I'm concerned. You can email me (see my profile) with your email addresses, which will be helpful. I'll address individuals tomorrow.

Good night. One more HU match for me.

posted by Jordan @ 11:40 PM,

5 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am will not participate in the HUC 2. I am beginning to think my poker Skillz suck.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

I rap, but I don't like rappers. I can still lines and play the bluff, but don't get mad when your cards get you in a rut.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

I can steal lines and play the bluff, but don't get mad when your cards get you in a rut...opps! And no, I didn't steal that from Jay-Z

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger TraumaPoker said...

I do have a UB account and I am in the eastern time zone. I work late and matches between 8:30-10:00 EST would work best for me. Also any weekends from say 12-8 PM EST would be OK also.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

It looks like the HU games are working for you. Congrats and keep having fun!

And the song in my honor..hahaha..

Looking forward the HUC 2...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home