Check It: DADI |

 




Me, George, and Wheezy

I'm moving on up,
to the .25,
(moving on up),
to a deluxe table,
with high blinds!

So, I've played a $10, 6 person tournament and came in 2nd. I played very solidly. In one of my favorite hands of the tourney, I was in the big blind. All of the remaining 5 players limped in, for a 100 blind. I had pocket tens. The table was pretty tight, but I had a feeling that no one had me beat. Otherwise, they would have raised to protect their hand against the many callers. I overbet 800. All folded except for one guy. The flop was QQ9. Perfect. I put the caller on AK or AJ, since they did not reraise my 800 pre-flop raise. After much deliberation by my opponent, he called. He had about 2000 chips left. If I lost, I'd be down to about 500. Luckily, I was right. He had AK. The turn and river didn't help him, and I took him out and the chip lead.

After the tourney, I played in a heads up .50/1 limit game. I sat with 20$ against a guy with $10. I took all of his money, with about three monster hands in a row. Pocket pair hit a set. 89 offsuit hit two pair on the flop and then a full house on the river. And some other hand, which paid well, was the nuts or close to it, but for some reason is eluding my memory.

I left that table up another 10, for 20$ total. I am now at a .25/.50 limit table, but my concentration is shot, so I am taking a break. I lost about 1.50 at the .25/.50 table, but thats a drop in the bucket. Ironically, 24 hrs ago, a 1.50 loss would have severely hurt my dwindling bank roll.

One final thought: All day today, I wanted to tell people about my big tourney win. Unfortunately, there aren't that many people who care. I mean, the money isn't astounding (if I won 1million, then I'd get everyone's interest). And most people don't see online poker as a serious hobby, challenge, or pasttime. So, I'm glad I have this blog. At least it is one outlet for my verbose, bragging self.

BOOYA! Still riding the high from yesterday's win. Ah... Peace be unto you, readers.

posted by Jordan @ 7:48 PM,

2 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger D said...

Congrats!! How is Golden Palace, not many people I know play there. Gotta love free-rolls, hours of enjoyment and sometimes payoffs. Good hands earlier in most of my freerolls have been payed off well, because a opponent is more likely to call, he has nothing invested. Cashing out is always fun, isnt it.

D

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

Yes. GP and Cashing out. Two of my favorite things (not in that order). Thanks for the comment. You've inspired my newest post, "How is Golden Palace?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home