Check It: DADI |

 




$10 Hotel Prop Bet

In May 2008, me and the boyz headed to AC to play some poker. At the end of the night, most likely in the early morning, we returned to the room. Dave Roose had a bag of sunflower seeds and as he opened them while sitting on one of the beds, the bag exploded, sending most of the seeds in every direction. From that situation, a prop bet was born.

The bet was simple. I offered Robbie Hole (who, if memory serves, was on a losing streak) $10 to eat every sunflower seed that fell on the bed...without using his hands. This was the second night of our trip, so someone had already slept in that unwashed bed.

Of course, I'm not going to pay Robbie Hole $10 to get some hotel-borne virus merely for my visual pleasure. No. Rather, an agreement was made: I would use Roose's fancy phone to videotape the prop bet. Of course, it was only after I finished taping the bet that Roose added one small fact: he didn't know how to get that video off of his phone.

Well, good news. He still had the video on his phone and this weekend, I helped him download it. And now, for your pleasure, Robbie Hole eating sunflower seeds off of a dirty hotel bed using no hands, followed by a segment of the post (in italics) that originally discussed the prop bet:



Upstairs, I reclaimed my bed. Roose moved to the other bed. Robbie took the cot. Randy took the floor. As Roose opened his bag of sunflower seeds, a small explosion occurred. Sunflower seeds covered his bed. I saw opportunity.
"Rob, I'll give you $10 to eat all those seeds off of the bed without your hands." "Deal." $10. A small figure, but I knew he didn't need $400 to do it. He probably would've done it for free. We videotaped the event, thanks to Roose's cell phone. Unfortunately, the fucknut neglected to mention that he couldn't email video, so we are working on that problem.

Only one year later and we finally fixed the problem. How's that for follow-through.

Until next time, make mine poker!

posted by Jordan @ 11:47 PM,

2 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Classic Bob

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

He did that for 10 bucks? lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home