Check It: DADI |

 




Fashion Design, Food, and Television

WOW! I didn't know I had so many fashion critics in the crowd, but it appears that the bright green blog design is a bit much for all of your mole-like eyes. Fear not, restless readers, as I suppose the color scheme is a bit out there. I'll look into tweaking it this weekend or even reverting back to the old setup. I'm not taking it too seriously, since I'm sure half of you ball busters are just taking a free crack while it's available, but I also want this site to be as readable as possible. So, thanks for the comments and criticisms, ya jerks!

It looks like I'm back on a poker diet. It's something I've done from time to time when I am not getting the results I want but still feel that urge to play. The results (or lack thereof) is more about my behavior. I am not ostensibly worried about the actual wins and losses on their face, as that is way too results-oriented to be helpful. I really mean the results of my effort to play focused poker. I'm still distracted more often than not, including during my one game last night.

The poker diet is simple: play one finite session. That might mean a single HU game or a couple of SNGs simultaneously. Last night, it meant a simple 4-person HU tourney. I won the first match after some difficult back and forth. I fought valiantly in the final match, but couldn't pull out a win. When it was done, I simply closed Full Tilt and went about doing something, really anything, else. I figure less online poker is good, and with less play per day, hopefully I will feel a renewed need to actually pay attention. Even so, I played the HU match yesterday while checking out my ChessHere matches (I still suck, but I'm making headway) and watching Food Network's new show, Chopped.

I don't know what has gotten into me, but I can't stop watching food-based television programing. I checked out Chopped, which was pretty good as a quick competition. Four chefs are given identical ingredients that must be used in an appetizer. After that, judges try the dishes and eliminate one chef. Then the three chefs get their secret ingredients for an entree, and when completed, another chef is cut. I don't know why, but I really enjoy watching the creative process of the chefs. It's constantly giving me knew ideas about cooking, even if I don't necessarily put them all to use. Aside from Chopped, which I only saw once, I find myself regularly watching Iron Chef America, Bravo's Top Chef, and whatever other shows I catch on late at night.

On the subject of TV, last night I watched the first of the final ten episodes of Battlestar Galactica. BG was among the best shows on television for years. I highly recommend that any sci-fi or serialized drama fans (either/or will do, no need to be both) rent the series starting from season 1. My only concern is that the entire series may live or die on this last season. You cannot have 4 or 5 seasons of greatness all based on a journey that leads to mediocrity. The destination could very well ruin the journey before it. I'm crossing my fingers, though, because the series thus far has been great.

Lost returns in a day or so. I don't know about you, but I'm excited.

Until next time, make mine poker!

posted by Jordan @ 1:28 PM,

3 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

new format looks great to me! very easy to read.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Web Design 101: Avoid the lime green as much as possible.

Go talk to Mookie99...Wordpress FTW!

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger NewinNov said...

Ouch. My eyes are bleeding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home