Check It: DADI |

 




Satellite of Love, Pt. 2

Good morning, America! Another fine day in Satellitesville, population me. When I get into a particular format of game, I can sometimes binge, for lack of a better word. Satellites are my new addiction, and I successfully won two last night, not to mention my third, Third, THIRD BLOGGER TOURNAMENT WIN in a week. You hear that sizzle? That's me. On fire. Ouch.

And for the record, my blogger tournament win last night had double the amount of players I beat in my first two tournament wins, combined. That's right. I beat 4, count'em, 4 competitors.* In fact, it's only a matter of time before that has-been Lucko starts emailing me all, "Why are you winning every tournament? That used to be my thing." Whatever, Lucko. There's a new Champeen in town, and his name is Poker Champ! I mean, Jordan.

Besides that amazing win, I took down two satellites for a decent T$ score. The first was a $26 buy-in satellite to some $100+9 event. Hell, I don't even know which event, although in hindsight, I think it was a $100 Rebuy...which is a whole other issue. If you can't afford to play in a REBUY tournament, you definitely shouldn't satellite. It's like winning a tournament just to have the right to play another tournament with a shortstack against regular stacks. Just 'tarded. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

After that, I signed up for two simultaneous satellites into the 50/50 for $15 each, cashing in one. In the other, I took a string of bad beats that sucked pretty bad; admittedly, though, I've been running good, so I just considered it a bit of luck-correction.

Oh, and for the record, I bought into the satellites with T$, so it's all freerolls to me. I look forward to jumping into some higher SNGs coming up, most likely of the 45 player variety. Single table versions kinda bore me and I'm out of practice.

With all this T$ saved up, I'm tempted to withdraw a little from online, but I really want to rebuild the online roll, so that will have to wait. Plus, my live roll is doing fine after some recent , modest WSG wins.

My WSOP Props are going just fine too. I'll table the tourney-wide ones today in favor of praising my excellent picks against Joe, aka Unimpressed. We both picked teams for the $50K HORSE Event, which started yesterday and lost less than 10 of the ~150 players in one day of action. My picks are doing well, with Patrik Antonius as the chipleader in our prop bet, followed by my second pick, Erick Lindgren. (Actually, I just saw an update that showed Lindgren taking the lead). My third pick, Andy Bloch, is somewhere in the middle of the pack.

Joe's picks, meanwhile, aren't doing too shabby. Barry Greenstein is in 3rd for our prop, not too far behind Lindgren, with Benyamine close behind. Ivey is also in the middle of the pack.

I'm crossing my fingers because anything can happen.

That's it for today, as I am heading to Allentown, Pennsylvania at 5pm for a deposition for work. Yippee! Anyone in the Allentown area?

Until next time, make mine poker!

*Four including me.

posted by Jordan @ 9:44 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home