Check It: DADI |

 




Review: BetUS.com

FullTilt, PokerStars, Bodog, and Absolute. If you were to ask me where US poker aficionados can can play online poker, that would have been my entire list. The bottom line is, since the UIGEA, a bunch of the major sites closed shop or turned their back on US customers. But time has passed, the UIGEA turned out to be nonsense (thus far) and it appears that the online poker world is starting to inch back into US territory.

So, it gives my great pleasure to declare that I have found another online poker site open to US players, BetUS.com.

Oh, but there's more. Remember sign-up bonuses? I do. I used to jump from site to site just to earn a juicy sign-up bonus. Once completed, I'd hop town and find a new site, since they were a dime a dozen. Of course, with the lesser amount of online poker sites, this has gone by the wayside for me. But BetUS.com offers a 100% sign-up bonus up to $500.

I haven't deposited any funds yet, but I have dabbled with their software. The appearance is like an updated Party Poker or even Noble Poker feel. You can choose from a limited selection of player avatars. The table layout is clean and clear. The chat box is big enough to be useful without being obstructive, and the note system offers conveniently labeled color coded tags. The last hand function is a tad annoying, offering a view similar to ye old Noble Poker (aka Titan Poker). The bet/raise slidebar is easy to use, and the site offers a half-pot and pot sized bet option.

Traffic was reasonable for a Saturday afternoon, with over 2600 players, and ample NL Texas Holdem tables. While there were a few higher games going, traffic seemed to be concentrated at the $2/4 NLHE level and lower. Even so, $8/16 and higher games were still running. SNGs and Scheduled Tournaments were aplenty, with the SNGs actually posting an estimated duration, something I haven't seen at any of the aforementioned sites. The scheduled tournaments running Saturday afternoon all had less than 200 players, which is ideal for a player like me.

Overall, I really like what I see at BetUS.com. I haven't deposited yet, but if I do, you'll be hearing more about it here.

Until next time, make mine poker!

posted by Jordan @ 11:35 AM,

2 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Blogger PokerFool said...

Do you know what network BETUS is on now? I used to play there when it was Tribeca a year ago, and it was super juicy. I thought they were on Prima now, but I could be wrong.

Thanks

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

It's on the Cake Poker network. Hope that helps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home