Check It: DADI |

 




And Now, a Word or Two about Lost

***Warning: No Poker Content***

I have few hobbies in life, but amongst poker, enjoying myself a good TV show is near the top. I'm particularly fond of serials, shows with long-building storylines like The Sopranos or Prison Break, as opposed to procedurals, shows that have stand alone stories in each episode that tend to follow a pattern like CSI or Law & Order.

Naturally, then I am a nut for Lost. I try not to write about it too much because this is not a Lost blog. However, after last night and reading Hoy's post this afternoon, it's probably worth discussing the show here. In fact, don't be too surprised if you get another Lost post just about every week, provided that the show makes it worthwhile.

A few posts ago, I warned everyone that the 8-episode half-season would probably leave us all disappointed because the big reveals were going to happen in the 2nd half of the season, which probably won't make it to air until 2009. Still, if you watch the show with that in mind, I expect the eight episode half-season should be enough to wet our appetites before the next hiatus.

But onto last night. All I can say is WOW! Big reveals all around, provided you watched carefully enough and are willing to connect some dots. In fact, after the episode, wifey Kim, me and her friend sat there and talked about what we saw like we were three junior detectives or maybe more like grade schoolers giving a book report. Whatever the case, I feel confident that I've come up with some decent conclusions (which may, of course, be entirely wrong, since I do not put it past the show to mislead).

Here they are:
There is one thing that doesn't sit right with me. If Jacob agreed to let 6 people off of the island, why would Kate be amongst the group? Jack is the leader, so he may've been given preference. Hurley, potentially, could have gotten a spot via his popularity on the island. But naturally, Sun would be in the six since she was pregnant (unless she delivers and dies first) and Claire with her baby would also have priority. Kate, on the other hand, is a wanted criminal, so returning to civilization is a huge gamble. This is the flaw in my theories, but I look forward to seeing how they all play out.

Until next time, make mine poker!

posted by Jordan @ 4:51 PM,

2 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A reasonable analysis.

But, what if the rest of the survivors are dead, and the 6 had a hand in it?

What if the 6 had a hand in their deaths, in some inadvertant manner, but something they would still feel guilty about? Might explain Jack's guilt, and Kate's desire to avoid Jack.

It's sick that I'm leaving this comment! ;-)

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger MrGoss said...

Typical lawyer theory....there is always a deal involved. =)

MG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home