Check It: DADI |

 




Woffles in a Jordan Suit

You might remember last week when I wrote about playing a Razz hand against Woffles where my door card was a Queen, I made the bring-in, Woffles completed, another player called, and I called because I had two low cards and I liked the pot odds. I won the hand and Woffles posted about how much of a donkey I am on four different sites. From the Razz blog, Brickin the Nutz, Woffles had this to say:

"
Anyways please do not follow Jordon's donkish play and call raises with Queen door cards. That one time it actually works out and your opponent bricks 5 times will NOT pay for all the times you lose. You will lose this hand almost every time."

Hmm....good advice Woffles. Don't follow my donkish play and call raises with Queen door cards. If you do, you are sure to look like a hypocrit asshole. Don't believe me? Well, observe:

Full Tilt Poker Game #4911003132: SLB159's Umbilical KORD (35901129), Table 1 - 120/240 Ante 20 - Limit Razz - 22:12:28 ET - 2008/01/18
Seat 2: pushmonkey72 (1,951)
Seat 4: slb159 (5), is sitting out
Seat 5: SirFWALGMan (2,982)
Seat 6: InstantTragedy (4,415)
Seat 7: XGod_Of_WarX (59)
Everyone antes 20; slb159 antes 5 and is all in
*** 3RD STREET ***
Dealt to slb159 [Ks]
Dealt to SirFWALGMan [Qd]
Dealt to InstantTragedy [6d]
Dealt to XGod_Of_WarX [2d]
SirFWALGMan calls 40 (the bring in)
InstantTragedy completes it to 120
XGod_Of_WarX calls 39, and is all in

SirFWALGMan calls 80 <-- doushebag hypocrit? The proof is in the hand history.
*** 4TH STREET ***
Dealt to slb159 [Ks] [3s]
Dealt to SirFWALGMan [Qd] [Qh] <-- dealt a terrible brick.
Dealt to InstantTragedy [6d] [Kc]
Dealt to XGod_Of_WarX [2d] [7d]
SirFWALGMan checks
InstantTragedy bets 120
SirFWALGMan calls 120 <-- but that doesn't slow down our Woffles!
*** 5TH STREET ***
Dealt to slb159 [Ks 3s] [4c]

Dealt to SirFWALGMan [Qd Qh] [2h] <-- finally that 2 to make a stron Queen-high draw (assuming two low cards that are not 2 in the hole).
Dealt to InstantTragedy [6d Kc] [Th]
Dealt to XGod_Of_WarX [2d 7d] [Qc]
SirFWALGMan checks
InstantTragedy checks
Instant Tragedy: *** 6TH STREET ***
Dealt to slb159 [Ks 3s 4c] [9d]
Dealt to SirFWALGMan [Qd Qh 2h] [Ac] <-- Woffle's strategy finally pays off. Says Woffles, "I love playing runner-runner draws!"
Dealt to InstantTragedy [6d Kc Th] [Td]
Dealt to XGod_Of_WarX [2d 7d Qc] [Jd]
SirFWALGMan bets 240
InstantTragedy calls 240
Instant Tragedy: *** 7TH STREET ***
SirFWALGMan bets 240 <-- Woffles hits perfect, going runner runner.
InstantTragedy calls 240
SirFWALGMan: a2357
*** SHOW DOWN ***
SirFWALGMan shows [7s 5h Qd Qh 2h Ac 3c] 7,5,3,2,A <-- And then he has the nerve to win?!
SirFWALGMan wins the main pot (40) with 7,5,3,2,A (I accidentally erased the line where he wins the main pot, worth approximately 1,600.)

Remember, folks, "...please do not follow [Woffle's] donkish play and call raises with Queen door cards. That one time it actually works out and your opponent bricks 5 times will NOT pay for all the times you lose. You will lose this hand almost every time."

And, for the record, Woffles increased his stack by more than 50% with this play. I'm proud to have him as my protege.

A special thanks to Instant Tragedy for making this post possible.

Stay tuned for a post later today on opportunities to be found in non-hold'em tournaments.

Until next time, make mine poker!

posted by Jordan @ 10:57 PM,

7 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love a wizzing contest as much as the next guy. But, what's really annoying is when those QQ or whatever raise instead of just calling. Seen it happen and to a wonderful person like me to boot. RAZZ is for gypsies, tramps and thieves. You both fit in just great. Keep up the good work guys! Everybody deserves to win the occasional hand. That's proven at the RAZZ tables more than other places but not by all that much.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Pokerwolf said...

Holy God is that a bad play. And I'm writing that after posting about my quasi-donk Razz move. How the hell do you call with [QQ] showing and someone else holding [27]?!

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

To be fair, Wolf, the guy with 27 was all-in already.

 
At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hysterical.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Pokerwolf said...

At the time of Waffles calling with [QQ]:

slb *and* GodofWar are all in *plus* IT is still in the hand. If it was against one opponent who was all-in, slb for example, I can roll with it. But, *three* opponents? That's insane.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

EXACTLY Poker Wolf. Also I had 2 knockout Bounties so 4$ equity if I win the pot AND Slb was automagically in. In another situation I would have folded that in a second.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

You know, Woffles, I'm not sure this was a knockout tourney. This was from the KORD, and nothing I have seen suggests it was a KO tourney. I originally assumed it was, based on your play, but looking back, I don't think that's accurate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home