Tagged: 7 Things
Monday, November 05, 2007
Since Riggstad tagged me and I'm a big fan of his work with Riverchasers, I'll play along:
A). Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog...
B). Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself...
C). Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs...
D). Let each person know that they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.OK, here goes:
1. I've never had any venereal diseases, ever.
2. I have never been in a fight. On one occasion at a bar in NYC during New Years, a guy in front of me to use the bathroom was too shy to use the exposed urinal, so he said that he was just going to pee in the corner. As he walked to the corner to piss, I said, "Dude, if you piss on the floor and your piss gets on my shoes, I'm going to cold cock you." (Cold cock means 'punch', Woffles, you sick fuck). He was way bigger than me, but he still turned around apologized sheepishly and shook my hand to show he meant no harm. It felt great, although I would've prefered to cold cock the guy so that I could officially be in a fight.
3. I sincerely believe that people who think anyone other than terrorists performed the 9/11 attacks are dumb as shit or hate America (or the Jews, depending on their chosen conspiracy). Any coverup would take at least dozens of collaborators, and in today's every-man-for-himself/24-hour news coverage environment, the fact that none of these collaborators have come forward is proof enough that this wasn't some government coverup.
4. One time in high school, I won $72 off of my good buddy Jon, over an afternoon of random heads up gambling. That was a large amount, since we usually played cheap stakes. This also planted the seed for my love of gambling. Jon, incidentally, does not gamble much anymore. He lost fairly constantly.
5. I am not going to my high school reunion because I see everyone I want to see and I have terrible long term memory. I know I'm going to forget not only names, but who people are and how I knew them. In my freshman year at college, a girl saw me at a bar, screeched, "JORDAN!" and then rushed over to hug me. We talked for 10 minutes and when she walked away, I asked my HS/college buddy Josh who she was. His response: "She's Samantha from Junior High." "Did I know her?" "You two were friends!" I still don't remember her at all.
6. I have no regrets in life.
7. The majority of my bar exam studying took place at the local Borders mega bookstore (where I would alternate between law and comic books) and the nearby park where I would go with wifey Kim. Most people were too neurotic to take it so lightly. On one particularly beautiful day at the part, while I studied/suntanned, I took a short break and had this thought: "If a meteor hit the earth right now and we all died, the people studying in the library will be the real idiots since I've enjoyed myself while half-assed studying. Suckers!"
Now, I'm supposed to tag seven people, but I sadly will not. Sorry guys, but I just don't know how widespread this meme is right now, and I don't want to double-tag. But, hey, if you wanna be tagged, tag yourself and have at it.
Until next time, make mine poker!
posted by Jordan @ 12:12 PM,
- At 3:17 PM, Littleacornman said...
It may well mean punch but if your ever in a similar situation in a Glasgow bar do yourself a favour and don't offer to cold cock anyone!
- At 8:55 PM, Miami Don said...
Could agree more with #3.
- At 12:36 AM, Jamie said...
he still turned around apologized sheepishly and shook my hand
I think HE 'cold-cocked' YOU
- At 12:55 PM, TripJax said...
I appreciate you not mentioning the venereal disease I gave you last week. Good lookin' out yo.