Check It: DADI |

 




Mastering the Luck

Yesterday, I played three 6-player SNGs, taking 1st in two and 2nd in the other, netting ~$140. I then played .25/.50 NLHE on Poker.com and managed to win $69 dollars after about an hour. A little while later, I returned to Poker.com and sat down at a shorthanded .50/1 NLHE table. I bought in for the max, $100. It was three-handed and I had a good grasp on my opponents. After about a dozen hands, I have AA. I bet, another player calls, and the last player goes all-in for $100+. Ka ching! I click call. KKxxx. Sonuvabitch! At least he said, "sorry". This morning, I played a HU SNG and go my opponent down to 60. 60! He came back by sucking out a handful of times and eventually took the game with another suckout.

I'm not upset by those two improbable losses. But I am reminded by the old adage: The difficult part of poker is not mastering the skill, its mastering the luck.

Until next time, make mine poker!

posted by Jordan @ 12:55 PM,

1 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Blogger KajaPoker said...

I once lost a HU on FTP after making quads and a straight flush. Don't feel bad.

Two saying I love about luck:
The more I practice, the luckier I get - Gary Player (golfer)

Luck is probability taken personally - Chip Denman

 

Post a Comment

<< Home