Check It: DADI |

 




Bloggiversary Hangover

Two years down, and just six months to go before I'm burned out, busted and bitter about how ghey blogging is!

Yes, folks, if you've been following me from the beginning, you have sat through 730 days of poker drivel and 833 posts filled with assorted nonsense.

All kidding aside, I thank you, my reader, for making this endeavor something slightly more than a self-imposed ego trip/booster/soul-crusher.

Now, I know you are "all" here expecting a recap of my Lost Weekend in AC, but I'm suffering a bit of a poker hangover, oddly more like a booze hangover than ever before (splitting headache, exhaustion, and irritability, hooray!), so I'll give you this brief recap using numbers and a more complete recap later today or tomorrow or whatever:

Minutes that I lasted in the WSOP $300+40 event: 90
Players I outlasted out of the 1155 entrants: 120 or so
Rumored amount of players heard by AlCantHang: 3000+
Cash games profit/loss: -$175
Table Game Texas Hold'em Bonus profit/loss: -$100
Times I hit AA (30x bonus): 1
Times I didn't have money down on the bonus: 4 out of approximately 50, and yes, one of those 4 times was when I hit the AA...lesson learned.
Table Game Let It Ride profit/loss: -$100
Craps profit/loss: $200 (offsetting all other table game losses)
Times SoxLover hit a hard ten in a row to win me back a bucket load of cash: 2, and quite enough, really. He's my craps lucky charm.

In other words, overall, I lost a pretty penny. However, I had a great time, and it was all worth it.

Until next time, make mine Advil!

posted by Jordan @ 11:25 AM,

9 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger Pokerwolf said...

Table Game Texas Hold'em Bonus profit/loss: -$100
Table Game Let It Ride profit/loss: -$100


Sweet Baby Jesus! What the hell are you doing playing those games?

Craps profit/loss: $200

That's better! The other two games that the house has almost no edge are blackjack and video poker (surprisingly). I can give you the low down if you want to zing me an email.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

I don't need the math, but I hear ya, Wolf. I generally have an anti-table game policy, but I will break it with a budget for entertainment purposes. I NEVER get upset at outcomes at a table game, as opposed to poker, where I still have some work to do in that regards. I know that if I play table games, I WILL lose, so its no surprise when it happens. But it all ended up even as far as table games are concerned, so no harm done.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This weekend was fun! We hurtin' the morning too.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

er... next morning. :-p

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Ingoal said...

Happy bloggiversary :)

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's better! The other two games that the house has almost no edge are blackjack and video poker (surprisingly). I can give you the low down if you want to zing me an email.

Bacarat is the game which comes the closest to break even odds vs. the house.

Doesn't blackjack have like a 2-3% house edge because of the number of decks they use?

Online blackjack has a .5% house edge because a lot of sites only use a 2 shoe deck.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Irongirl01 said...

And while you are at it send me some Advil too.

Foxwoods next? Im there March 25th

IG

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

Happy blogger birthday/anniversary etc. I wish I could have joined you guys over the weekend! I'll just wait patiently for you all to get your butts out here to Vegas!

 
At 3:52 AM, Blogger Karol said...

Happy blogiversary. That was a fun AC trip...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home