Check It: DADI |

 




Question for the Masses

In the last month, I've received at least three emails from strangers asking about poker in NYC. I admit, I told the first two about Salami, but now I'm starting to reconsider. Is there a reason not to tell? The only two I could think of is putting the clubs at risk of being busted, and attaching myself to the clubs if they do get busted via my tips. But realistically, these clubs are more likely to get busted because of other reasons. Hell, one of the clubs is listed if you search for it on Yahoo, provided you know the right information.

On the other hand, what's the benefit to me? Really, there isn't one. I like helping people out, but that might not be reason enough.

So, leave me a comment, because I don't know what the right move is.

Until next time, make mine poker!

posted by Jordan @ 4:18 PM,

8 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you try to be an affiliate for NYC poker clubs? least you will be able to defend yourself!

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger 23skidoo said...

Despite the fact that you took me to one of the games without really knowing me, I'd keep it to people I know.

It may be a little different if there are new people showing up all the time though. The underground games here, you need to know someone.

 
At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't tell anyone.

Best case - you introduce one person to the game and he/she has fun.

Worst case - person is a cop and the whole place gets shut down.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Gydyon said...

omg -- Jordan is the mole!

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

Haha. Okay, that says it all. No more club information for strangers. Thanks for the input, guys.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Sooner or later, all underground card rooms will get busted. It's really just a matter of time. The word about this place spreads further and further each day. The trick is, will you be there the day the cops come knocking?

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

I don't know about that, Chipper. First off, Salami has been around for a long time, and while they have been robbed twice, I don't think they've been raided. Still, even if it is an inevitability, I use the SoxLover technique to avoid being in the clubs when they are busted/robbed. Simply leave the clubs by a reasonable hour, ideally 11pm or earlier, during which time most busts/robberies occur. I'm sure it isn't fool-proof, but I'm a gambler.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Yeah Jordan I've seen and even received at least one of those emails asking about NY underground poker clubs, and personally I had the distinct impression that it was a cop trying to get information rather than an actual player interested in playing.

I certainly think it's fine to tell a friend about it if the club is ok with new players coming uninvited, but I chose not to respond to those anonymous posters and emailers asking for general information like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home