Check It: DADI |

 




WSOP, Here We Come

Hey bitches and bitchettes. I've been taking care of some housecleaning over at HoP, most notably, the new You Decide and Trip Report Indexes, for your pleasure. I've also had a decent run online after losing $175 at that Saturday home game. The losses were due, largely, to one tough hand that I should have laid down (middle set vs. top set in PLO8) and another hand that I had no business playing (Hammer v. KK). I can't help but blame myself when I lose, but Matty Ebs seems to think that it was at least partially due to some tough hands. I have no control over certain things, but clearly I messed up in the hammer hand, and I still think that I should have been able to fold middle set in PLO8, but I'll chalk it up to a learning experience.

I decided to futz around online and placed 2nd in a FT Deep Stack 90 person tournament. The next day (i.e., today), I won a 18 person tournament. I then proceeded to lose $130 on Razz. Stupid Razz. Stupid Jordan.

Que sera, folks. I may make my way over to Salami for the 7:30, but part of me wants to be here on the couch when Heroes starts up tonight.

On that note, let's discuss Atlantic City for that March 11th weekend. I had some nervousness about gathering some of the troops, but everything is falling into place.

The first bit of awesome news: The Saturday event is not $1000 as listed on the WSOP site, but actually $300+40 as listed on Caesar's site. So, it looks like I'll be buying my way in directly, and if anyone wants to buy any little bit of my action, I'm offering it. I'll take as little as $17 for a 5% stake (i.e., even money), but don't feel obliged. In the last WSOP Circuit event I played, I had someone staking me 50%, but I have enough money behind me and enough faith in my game to pay my way in this time.

Other great news, Hoyazo will be playing in that event. He'll be coming in for the day, only. The game starts at noon, but I recommend that anyone showing up that day be there as early as possible. If you aren't there by 11, you may end up an alternate, and frankly, to be safe, I'd try to arrive 2 hours in advance, since you have to get a Harrahs card (if you don't have one), then wait in a second line to buy-in. In fact, last time, they made everyone wait in the card line, I guess to make it first-come, first-served. Shitty set up, but I'm hoping they ironed it out.

I'll be there the night before, where I hope to play a Satellite for the event. I also plan on buyin in the night before to avoid the lines.

I'm not sure who else will be there, but Bone Daddy has contacted me and Roose is definitely in. That's all I have for you today.

Until next time, make mine poker!

posted by Jordan @ 5:00 PM,

5 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to buy a symbolic 5% at $17 (we can call it $20 if it makes the transaction easier). Can we do PayPal, or would you rather hop on PokerStars and have me dump some chips to you?

Chris S

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Chris, has Stars stopped allowing transfers? If not, you can send me the dough on PayPal. I can give you the details and get your details if you email me at highonpokr AT yahoo DOT kombat. That is NOT my PayPal email, though, so email me there first. Note that there is no E in HighOnPokr in that email address. Thanks.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

"I still think that I should have been able to fold middle set in PLO8, but I'll chalk it up to a learning experience"

This is a read-only push/fold situation. Twice last night I took a middle set to war, both times the opponent had top two (had notes about his poor play).

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

True Drizz. In this instance, my head screamed TOP SET by my mouth said Call.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Guin said...

Hey that is great news... if you sell out let people know that they could buy into a LAGy Canadian for similar prices!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home