Check It: DADI |

 




High on Everything

Aside from the fact that I am suffering from a cold that wants to put me into a coma, there are a lot of things out there that are just so god damn wonderful that I decided to spread a little bit of love. Let's get this shit crackalackin':

High On The Other Jordan
I mentioned him here before, but I have to send a little more attention over to the other Jordan of the poker blogging world and his blog, jl514's Drawing Dead. I must admit, though, that what really piqued my interest were his recent posts on fights with his girlfriend. He has asked his readers to comment on who is wrong, and its made for some great voyeuristic reading and judgmental commenting, two of the things I do best! So go take a look and enjoy.

High On Super Bowl Box Pools
Two years ago, I entered a pool at the office and didn't find out my numbers until the Monday after the game. After that, I decided to not enter any of the pools again unless it was at a Super Bowl party, since I didn't trust the guys running the office pool and my numbers were atrocious (I remember 2s and 8s in every one, and at least one with both). This year, I am having one other couple over for the game, so a box pool would be impossible. However, a coworker has a pool and I trust him, so I bought 4 boxes. The numbers were picked and sent out this morning, and I'm looking good with the following numbers (Colts listed first): 7/0, 3/2, 4/3, 1/7. Wish me luck. My faith in boxes are restored.

High On Craig
I know that a lot of bloggers have issues with Michael Craig after he wrote about the WPBT Winter Classic and some individual bloggers' drunken incidents. Some felt that he wrote it in an exploitative way, but all of his blog posts seem to "exploit" (for lack of a better word) his subjects by giving a candid, if not judgmental, view on their activities, regardless if his subjects would find the content flattering. All that said, I don't know much about the past issues (which seem to have blown over), but Craig's first post over at his new Full Tilt Blog is golden, if nothing else than for the clear love he has developed for the game and his candid stories about the characters in the poker world. I hate to say it, but I really look forward to reading more from Mr. Craig.

Truth be told, I think those three are enough right now. I'm going to go back to vegging on the couch, fighting my cold with sheer force of will and laziness.

Until next time, make mine poker!

posted by Jordan @ 2:07 PM,

5 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, Blogger Gydyon said...

Will I be seeing you tomorrow sir?

 
At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All Michael Craig does is drop names and pump himself up. Then again I've read about three of his posts.

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

DP, he does dump names and he does come off as pompous, but the content and behind-the-scenes info is very interesting to me. There are tons of people who come off as dousches or pompous or self-important in their blogs (I fear that to some, I am one of that group), but that is just the blog's narrative character, and if the content is interesting, I can actually enjoy a bit of self-important posturing by the author. It's all about the content.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Steelie said...

I have to agree with you on Jordan's posts about fights with his ex girlfriend. I love those in sort of a sick and twisted way.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Thanks for the shoutout and the linkup. I just noticed because I just got around to reading my bloglines (been avoiding for a 3 or so days because I knew I'd have a lot to read), it's been a really crazy weekend.

I was wondering how Hoy ended up on my blog today commenting away :)

Thanks for the opinions, glad you like the posts. Already have one picked out for Friday, and it should spark some debate. Stay tuned!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home