Check It: DADI |

 




Fantasy Blogging

Seeing the poker money dry up is a difficult process.

You may notice a few banners on the right of this blog. Yet what you won't see are Review Me ads, mostly because I have come out as generally against such things. I don't take anyone else to task for it because I think it is very much an individual decision. My decision was based on the belief that I would be "betraying" my readers by providing fake content, sort of like the bullshit articles in many a poker publication that is little more than an advertisement for an event.

That said, what if I were to take those ads and save the money to play in a live tournament. Ah, justification! Then I would be earning the money by whoring myself for something poker-related.

I dunno, maybe it is the same thing as just taking the money for personal uses, but I'm mulling over the idea. I can tell you this, if I do decide to take the ads, I'll add some sort of symbol in the titles, like maybe an X at the beginning and end, like X Jordan Sells Soul for Cards.com X. Or I might scrape up what little self-respect and dignity I have left and skip the whole ad thing all together.

I really want to know what Spaceman said to get him suspended from reporting for Bluff magazine. I have little faith in poker publications, as you can probably tell from what I said above, but I have a ton of faith in fellow bloggers working in that industry. Being part of the media and part of the grassroots blogger movement seems to instill a bit more integrity in their posts. Maybe it is because they are as much in tune with the audience as they are with management (if not moreso). That said, I still haven't gotten to hear what all the fuss is about. Maybe it is worth starting a rumor mill blog so that people like Pauly and Spaceman and spill it and not be held as accountable. Or maybe not. What the hell do I know. All I do know is that I like reading about what happens behind the scenes more than I like reading about chip counts, so bring on the dirt!

I'm supposed to meet with 23Skidoo in a few hours, along with Mary, a regular from the I Had Outs homegame. Matty Ebs might join as well, so it'll be a random group. Random is good, though, as long as poker is involved. On that note, my live poker schedule is moving along. Beyond tonight, I will be returning to the Lawyer's Game with Matty Ebs next Thursday, where I hope to win the tournament for the 2nd time (the first time, I chopped first and second place money with a little of the dough going to 3rd place). I also was invited to the IHO girls' monthly tournament, which I also chopped up for 1st place money. Sadly, it doesn't look like I can make this other tournament, due to some obligations. Obligations are my Kryptonite.

Speaking of Kryptonite, I'm toying with the idea of a comic book blog. I was thinking of my other interests, and sadly, comic books are pretty high up there, even though I keep them in the closet (literally and figuratively). But online, I'm virtually anonymous, pun not intended but thoroughly enjoyed, so I might as well write about one of my other hobbies. I won't tell you the site link though, as I want to give myself some time before I decide whether or not to keep it. For the more clever of you out there, it isn't that hard to figure out.

As for the AC Gathering, I really don't know what is going on with everyone. Of course, people showed interest, but it was fairly far off at that time. We are now about 5 weeks away, so I highly recommend that you get off your keister and book, people. Then send me an email or a comment so I can get a handle on who to expect. Right now, it is just me and Roose for sure, and frankly, that is enough for me if more people don't come/commit, but I want to uphold my duties as general organizer. I'm also fairly confident that the IHO girls will be there, if not intentionally, then accidentally. This is how I see it play out:

Dawn: Oooh weee! I can see AC already.
Karol: (tapping foot, semi-anxiously; smoking a cigarette...or is it) We still have 20 minutes to go. (tap-tap-tap)
Dawn: (driving faster) Look, see that twinkle in the distance? That's the Hilton, I think.
Karol: No, I think it's the Resorts.
Dawn: (driving even faster) It better not be.
Karol: I can't wait to see everyone!
Dawn: (scratching her head) What do you mean? Oh yeah, it is the weekend of Jordan's awesomely cool gathering in AC. I am so honored that he invited me. He is so dreamy. (swooning, and speeding up even faster)
Karol: Huh? Oh yeah. No, I meant I can't wait to see everyone in AC. After all, most floor people know us by name.
Dawn: (speeding) Uh, that's what I meant to. Jordan is gay. (sad panda face)

And then they start making out. At least that's how it plays out in my head.

Until next time, make mine poker!

posted by Jordan @ 4:33 PM,

5 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Blogger Karol said...

We are not lesbians! I had a post on that and everything!

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger C.L. Russo said...

Idea: donate your money from ads to charity.

When's the AC get together?

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

March 9-11, Russo. You in?

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

I'm with you on the Colts. I'm not so sure of the Over. Good luck, 2d Phillips.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Gydyon said...

MONDAY IS TOO FARRRRRR

 

Post a Comment

<< Home