Check It: DADI |

 




Where I'm At

You know, it's been another tough day at the office. I just spent 3 hours preparing our Guyanan client for trial. But, it's fun doing this lawyer work. It can be stressful, too, but I'm really hitting my stride.

I lost again last night. I think that is two nights in a row. I'm not complaining though. In fact, it doesn't bother me in the least. I've said this before, but it's really sinking in. I am finally getting it. Losing for a day is okay. It's how I'm doing overall that matters.

And here's the thing: I'm where I want to be. I can actually feel that I have developed my poker game more. My cash game has been more profitable that tournaments, and I feel that it is just another sign of my progression. Tournaments are fun, but in the big leagues (which I am nowhere near) the big money players make their dough in the cash games. I like placing 2nd for $450, but I'm just as happy winning $50 on nine different occassions at a cash game table. Too roads to the same place, but whereas tournaments are full of dead ends, the cash game is like driving offroad in a Hummer (by the way, I think Hummer owners should be ashamed of themselves, not because of the effect on Mother Nature, but because I don't like giving money to Arab nations...oh yeah, I said it!).

My cash game is better. My bankroll is solid. I've already hit $1900 in profits since Valentine's Day (now probably around $1850), and my goal was to hit $1800 by year end. So, now what?

Well, I'm going to AC very soon. I'm looking to sneak away from wifey Kim for a bit and see if I can keep my AC success streak going. I'm taking more pride in my play, moving away from my personal perseption that my poker is somewhat of a vice, and starting to see it for what it is, a skill, maybe even a talent. I've mentioned my $450 win to some people in my office, and the response has been essentially shock, both that I would play online poker and that I would win. But I don't try to hide it. Instead, I bask in the glory of what it is.

I love the game. I've said it a million times before, and I still mean it. It excites me to no end, and my success only reinforces this love.

So where am I at? I'm just where I want to be. Playing poker, making money, and loving every minute of it.

And what's the point of this post? I suppose it's my way of drawing a heart with an arrow poking through it on the inside cover of my Trapper Keeper, with the names Jordan + Poker. I'm crushing hard.

posted by Jordan @ 5:28 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home