Check It: DADI |

 




DADI Results

Stupid me. I was in 1st place after about 5 minutes, and the screenshot didn't work.

DADI 5 was a rousing success yesterday. I'm a bit pokered and blogged out, but I'd be doing this vast blogosphere a disservice if I didn't post today. For a screenshot of the leaderboard taken this morning (crack of dawnin now I'm yawnin), check out the official DADI poker website.

My play was fantastic to start, until I went head-to-head with my QQ vs another player's KK. I then proceeded to do my best in keeping the pressure on the rest of the table. I was aggressive, and rightly so, but eventually, with a short stack there wasn't much I could do, and I went out at a miserable 41st out of 78 people.

So, who is going to the WSOP thanks to you fine players: SNGMachine, aka TonySopran0. Congrats to the Machine. I was playing against him for a bit last night, and he was playing a solid game.

There were bounties galore, and mine was won by none other than Steeler Josh. Now I've got to get his info and send my Copag cards to him. Congrats Josh!

DNasty was on a tear, taking out both Surflexus and Kaellinn and winning both seats in their 4-person freeroll Heads-Up SNG bounty.

I don't remember who won Daddy's pecan roll, but enjoy! Likewise to the winner of the HU match bounty offered by TripJax, and the poker chip shower curtain offered by Hoyazo.

I thank all of the bounty-providers for adding a little bit extra to this tournament.

After losing, I played a little bit of NLHE cash at Stars with assorted bloggers. Jestocot soured my mood by daring to have AT in the Small Blind after I limped with A3s in mid position and hit an AAX flop. After that, I feigned having connection problems just to leave the room. I then went on to win a Rio, and then...wait for it...lose one immediately after in the very first hand when three players were all-in. These Rio players are loose, and I thought my bottom flopped two pair were good. They weren't, as my opponents had top two and a set. I turned off the computer in disgust and couldn't even finish the DADI. Oh, but the Rios are still my cash cow. No doubt about that. And if you want in on the action, there is no better way to do it than by signing up for Noble poker, home of the worst players around and the juiciest SNGs and cash games. Omaha H/L is a particular donation fest, with all sorts of bad players bitching me out for playing draws. Silly Alpaca, Omaha is for kids!

Lately, losing $20-60 a night is common for me online. It's following my usual pattern, where I get crushed in cash games while I whoop ass online, and vice versa. Never both though...at least I hope not, since AC is definitely happening this Thursday through Saturday.

Once I was done with the poker, I sat in bed next to a sleeping wifey Kim and flipped on the TV. She stirred, so I decided to keep in on mute. I watched an entire episode of Prison Break on closed captioned and it was still great. Thank god TV is still +EV for me...

That's all for now, folks. Good luck to you all and thank you for playing at the DADI. It was a great time, and I'm glad that we succeeded in our goal, sending a blogger to the WSOP, while paying out up to the 8th place.

posted by Jordan @ 10:12 AM,

13 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for setting up the tourney, it was a fun, short, tourney for me.

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you got a little quiet after that beat. Sorry about the sandbagging (not really).

You should have stuck around for some profitable fishy goodness, though. I was up to $125 at one point and cashed out $61 ahead for 90-minutes of play. Waffles scored a decent profit too.

 
At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah, it was ok Jest. I wasn't feeling the game, even before I sat. Fatigue was setting in, and, although it makes no sense, I just wasn't feeling the Stars software last night (and generally don't like it for cash games).

 
At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the hard work in putting the DADI together, Jordan. It was a blast! Definitely looking forward to DADI 6.

PS - Prison Break rules!

 
At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Jordan for all you and Trip do to keep DADI the best bloggers tournament going strong!

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These tourneys have been very fun to play in, especially for the wide range of competition.

Thanks again for the organizing!

 
At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey high i definitely agree with you that alot of the theories presented in the documentary have little to none factual basis but the point of me posting the documentary was not to disrespect or voice what happened was a ploy by the United States goverment. Also you are completely right in that I'm sure someone could prove that we do not really exist in the world with the right amount of resourses. I would never try to disrepect what happen on that fateful day. The reason i posted that video was because some of the ideas presented do arouse some interesting question and that combined with the fact that we will never truely know what actually goes on behind the closed door of the goverment leads us to question many of the instances surround epic events such as though that happened on 9/11. If someone views that documentary and thinks its is completely true then they are wrong and mistaken but i appreciate your thoughts and ur honesty.

On a different note too bad you did not get to win the WSOP free roll would have been nice to see you win. I will be living in maryland this summer and the borgota is my backyard when i travel to AC so maybe in the near future we can set up a weekend where you will be in AC and i can come and play with you up there.

In response to your question, NL CASH games are NOT ABOUT PUSHING SMALL EDGES!!!!. Limit is about pushing small edges constantly causing most of your profit to come from these small edges pushed over a long period of time, HOWEVER NL is a different beast as you know and pushing with AKo in a cash game even if you are small favorite in my opinion is wrong. Tournement poker AK pushing might be acceptable but in cash games (which i consider my speciality and i think my earnings have justifed me in being able to say this) is a wrong play when you have just a slight advantage. NL is about pushing Big edges in SMALL situations in order to get all your money in as a big favorite. The reason is your ultimately trying to double through and pushing a small edge to double through leads you with more of chance of going broke. If I have AK and i think i have a small advantage i feel its better to fold it and wait for a better opportunity because your playing for the long run and better opporutnities where you will be a greater favorite will arise soon enough. But that is just my opinion. And opinions are like assholes everyone has them. Gl on the tables and looking forward to your next post

 
At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Raveen, I never meant to attack you personally about that video. Like you said, opinions are like assholes and my asshole says that the conspiracy theories surrounding the WTC are bullshit, and people who make videos like that claiming that the US Gov't was behind it are not trying to inform the world of the 'truth', but rather hate America and the American government. People like that can not be reasoned with, and their propoganda teaches nothing but hate. That said, I support their right to make those videos and I support my right to call them douschebags.

As for the AKo and the idea that NL= pushing small edges, that wasn't my idea. It was SoxLover's. Regardless, I think he has a point, since you can always rebuy in a cash game. That said, in the particular hand, I didn't feel like I had any edge, which was a misread by me.

 
At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Raveen, you're right that limit is all about pushing small edges.

In general, no limit cash games are usually about pushing big edges; however, your thinking is flawed. Such is why the style described by Sox (atleast in that one hand) and I is so powerful against the countless number of players that think exactly like you.

No offense, but if you have a more conservative style, that's fine (although that way of playing is not as profitable overall, and wont work against better players, it does result in a lower variance), but you should atleast understand other profitable ways of playing.

While you're playing conservatively, aggressive players that are betting in good situations (with hands like AK preflop) are picking up a lot of pots, allowing them to freeroll when they're finally called (with the money won in previous hands, when players like you fold their small edges). If you start getting big hands, other players will give you less credit, and you get paid as a result which is another benefit of playing a very aggressive game.

Playing conservatively seems like a sound strategy, and that's why the style of play described in Super System works so well.

 
At 1:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

high i know u weren't attacking me personally , just wanted to respond because well as a litigation attorney your obviously a well respected person and i merely wanted to acknowlege that i appreciated your opinion

DP i would consider my style as loose aggressive at least according to poker tracker when i self rated myself to see where stood and im more then open to knew styles of play and will look into what your saying a little deeper maybe even test it out in specific situations and see how it works out

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is my $2 for picking 78? j/k. Nice job with the event, as always.

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, Drewspop, you are right. I'll have to remind myself later. I owe $1, as does GCox and TripJax.

 
At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Texas Hold'em WILD WEST Super 7 Roulette Poker Omaha Hi Gambling Blackjack Bingo http://www.prevlink.org/PlayGame-41-1-A.php http://www.prevlink.org/PlayGame-42-1-A.php http://www.prevlink.org/PlayGame-40-1-A.php http://www.prevlink.org/PlayGame-34-1-A.php http://www.prevlink.org/PlayGame-31-1-A.php http://www.prevlink.org/PlayGame-25-1-A.php http://www.prevlink.org/PlayGame-15-1-A.php http://www.prevlink.org/PlayGame-7-1-A.php http://www.prevlink.org/PlayGame-5-1-A.php

 

Post a Comment

<< Home