Check It: DADI |

 




Running Good

Let me take a moment to pimp for a friend of mine. You may have hear me speak of David Roose before. He's a buddy, but more like a brother for me. So I'm extremely proud to see that his band Giant Step has been having some success as of late. They were entered into a battle-of-the-bands against about 20 other acts and won, based on an independent panel. As a result, they will be appearing at a Battle of the Bands on Sirius Radio's Jim Bruer Show on May 1st. Check them out, and if you like what your hear, check out their live shows at I.C.U. Bar in NYC on May 13, and Kenny's Castaways on May 27. I'll be there too. For more info, check out their MySpace page HERE. They have music up, so you can get a bit of a sampling. Think Incubus/Coldplay/Dave Matthews, but only loosely, because, quite frankly, its damn impossible to really reference one band with another, unless they are a rip off band. I should also mention that my good buddy Justin is in the band, along with his brother and cousin, so maybe it's a little bit of Partridge Family too. But just a little bit.

On the poker front, I've been slaughtering them. Omaha PL (hi/lo or just hi) has been my recent game of choice. I find that changing things up a bit helps. My Limit Hold Em game was it the shitter, but I still wanted to finish my bonus at Doyle's Room, so I switched to PLO8 and PLO. Last night in a PLO Hi only game, I held AAxx and flopped A38. I bet the pot. He bets the pot. I push. He calls with 88xx, so he only has one out, an 8. He hit it on the river. I laughed. What can you do? At least I bought in short for $20 in a .25/.50 game. I find that it makes the most sense, considering my style of play. Once I lost, I gave up there, because a loss like that will make all the players lose their respect for your raises, even if you do have the nuts at the time.

It was all good. I played a 27-p SNG and a 45-p SNG and bombed out of both. I was thinking that it wasn't my night, but I started a 9-p SNG on Doyle's for a $20 buyin. I've been a $10 guy for a while, but I think it is time to move up. Case in point, I won the damn thing, making it a winning evening to the tune of just short of $30. Not a lot, but a nice addition to the bankroll.

This morning, I finished the Doyle's Room promo with some PLO8, and a $6 profit. I'll take it! The bonus is $75, so that's a nice cherry on top, although overall I think I lost money there. I also played a $20 10-p SNG on UB, spreading the wealth around to various sites where I have minimal dough. I have my money spread around so that I can get into conveniently timed MTTs or join a random blogger. Well, I felt like a change of scenery, and I couldn't be happier, because I took 1st in that $20 SNG too, for a $78 profit.

Overall, the roll is up to over $1000, and I've withdrawn a couple of hundred this year already. Wifey Kim heard about the $1k and suggested a withdrawal. I have $200 earmarked to be withdrawn, but only when there is a need, such as our Jamaican vacation in July or the new mattress/box spring we desperately need.

I'm feeling good about my game. I guess that's the point of this post.

Tonight, I'll be on LI at wifey Kim's friends' place. Her husband is good people, so I'm looking forward to it. Tomorrow is another busy day, so poker will be light until Sunday. I can't wait.

Oh, and Atlantic City on April 28-30 (Thurs and Fri night). I had a free room on Thursday and I qualified for a special Poker room rate at Trop on Friday. All I have to do is play there for 4 hrs. Like I wasn't going to do that anyway!

Big DADI news, and I mean HUGE! But you'll have to wait...

Have a great weekend! I sure am!

posted by Jordan @ 3:42 PM,

6 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh oh you just cursed yourself! heh. Good to hear your running well Jordon. Keep it up.

 
At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've suffered from the curse before, but not this time. I'm through with the mumbo jumbo. As you have been, I'm starting to grasp the realities of poker, and I know about swings. I think my drop from 600-700 to 200 or so taught me a lot about the hard part of variance, and the need to keep everything in perspective.

The best part is, I feel like I'm getting it. The whole poker shebang. So, yeah, bring it curse, bring it!

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice J...good to hear some positive poker stuffus.

Should be able to finalize DADI stuff today...I'll let ya know...

 
At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more about switching up your game. I am trying to get to the point where I can at least hold my own in different games like Stud, 8/B, and Omaha, just so I don't get bored with the repetition of holdem. Nice work, keep running hot!

 
At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Calculating and tracking the cost of the war in . Compare the cost of war to the cost of other issues and programs such as kids' health, public education, housing, and world hunger.

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Una experiencia de Poker de reyes asombrosa est? garantizada! �Juegue a Poker de ases como mucho como quieras, siempre que usted want! �Canalpoker excitante para ambos principiantes tanto como jugadores profesionales

 

Post a Comment

<< Home