Check It: DADI |

 




Busy Bee

God Damn! Brother Jordan needs a break. I even contemplated calling into the office sick today, so I could sit at home, eating soup and watching The Price is Right, like I did so many times as a young kid in elementary school. But, in the end, I had to succumb to responsibility and get my ass out of bed.

My GERD is apparently under control. For the first time in a while, I actually had "a good day" yesterday. Basically, "a good day" is one in which I am not suffering from heart burn and I can't feel my stomach lining trying to escape my body via my esophagus. I mean, I felt it a little, but that is a VAST improvement. All said, though, I even had some questionable food for dinner (quesadilla with steak and jalapenos) and didn't feel a thing. Praise the Lord!

I also had the pleasure of playing a $20 MTT yesterday on Absolute Poker. I placed 3rd out of 66, netting about $120 profit. I needed it too, since Doyle's Room is whooping my ass in 1/2 and 2/4 limit. I mean, slaughterhouse style. I've lost probably $200 there this weekend, before making my MTT comeback and winning another $30 or so playing .10/.20 NLHE on Doyle's site. I'm not too far from finishing Doyle's Room's bonus, so once that is done, I'll have to re-evaluate my play there. Bottom line, I've un-learned how to fold in the face of blatant strength when I'm holding a solid, but non-nut, hand. The result is countless bets I could be saving.

My MTT was a rush, though. I have one hand in particular which I will make my next "You Decide". Hopefully, I'll have that prepped for you later.

The 45-player SNG Challenge is moving along swimmingly. I've, honestly, been avoiding the 45-person SNGs, after my recent lack of placing. I'm hoping a little break will bring me some perspective, and it doesn't hurt knowing what I need to do to catch up with the rest of the crew. Current leader board is DrewsPop in 1st, Kaellinn in 2nd, and Poker Champ in 3rd.

Congrats to Gracie! She took 1st in the WPBT WSOP tourney and will be representing bloggers in a $1500 WSOP event of her choosing! That's damn cool. I wasn't there, mostly because of my allegiance to the Sopranos (what an episode!), coupled with the fact that good buddy Jefe came over to watch. I can't be pokering it up with company over!

Rumor has it, the next DADI may be for a WSOP seat. It might be a bit higher than the usual buy-in, but for a chance to play in the WSOP, its worth it!

I'm doing my best to make it to Okie-Vegas. Right now the prognosis is: Maybe. Sorry guys. I wish I could say definitely, but those who need to, know what's going on.

If you blog to make money, good luck. But you just don't get it, do you? You probably never will.

That's all for now. You go on with your bad selves.

posted by Jordan @ 10:27 AM,

5 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wuzzup Gerd? Glad to hear that is somewhat under control.

Hey, what sparked the blog to make money comment?? Color me interested. Later Gerd.

("Gerd" is my new "Dude" by the way)

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The comment regarding starting a blog to make money was in reaction to something that happened with Veneno and the Heads Up Challenge Blog. Apparently, she invited a blogger to join and he responded with a nasty email about soliciting on his site. She responded and he replied that he started the blog to make money, so it made no sense for him to promote another site because he would lose business. What a prag! I didn't want to bring it up here because it doesn't effect me directly, but it was in my head, so I mentioned it in that quick blurb.

Bottom line, some people may start a blog for the purpose of making money, and I wish them luck, but they can suck a fat one as far as I'm concerned.

Now, you may be thinking, "Gee Jordan, but what about those links and banners on the right of your blog. Well, sir, those came as a by-product of writing this fine corner of the web universe. It was never, and will never be, the sole purpose of this blog.

The sole purpose of this blog: Literary Hack-isism.

 
At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your GERD has migrated into your brain.

 
At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to stop playing 6max tables 6 years ago because of heartburn. Now I take medication daily to stop it - not a big deal but it's nothign to take lightly.

 
At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too seem to only be losing at Doyle's Room. I'm new to online poker and have yet to win a tournament online, real or play money. I'm seriously down in the ring games. My main experience in poker is in playing free poker games in bars. I can commonly win those tournaments, but I haven't quite figured out the online poker yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home