Check It: DADI |

 




2/4get About It

Yeah. Well, I played a 45-player SNG last night but busted with my 88 v. QQ. Oh well! I then proceeded to play some 2/4 on Doyle's Room. I decided that it was time to move up after reading about FairNBalanced's move, which has returned good results. I think, generally, that he is right about the quality of play at 2/4 v. 1/2. It's not so much different. The swings however...that's another story.

I donked off 95$ before signing off (which I now realize is only 25 BBs, or so). I reloaded some more money onto Doyle's, hoping to finish the 7k points I need to earn my $75 bonus. An interesting thing happens sometimes when I bonus chase. I'll spend $200+ earning $75. I wonder if my time would be better spent sticking to my SNGs. I know the answer. It is plainly yes. But I want to be an all-around good player, so sometimes lessons are expensive.

The bottom line is, I am probably being too hard on myself. The truth was, I was merely pushing strong with great cards that were running into amazing cards. For instance, my KK v. AA, capping most of the way because the player was loose. Or, my AK v. AJ, with an AJ flop. Same loose player. How about my QQ running into runner runner flush! I even laid down JJ with all undercards because the board had hit a three-flush on the turn and there were three other players in the hand. The flop was all unders, but one guy stayed in, even after my initial raise, with 5c8c and hit his flush.

I'm a little upset about the financial loss, but I'm not too upset with my play. These are the breaks. Should I have signed off earlier, when I saw what I was consistently running into? I don't think so. I was reading the table, and I knew that I could make money if I had an infinite amount of time to let luck level out. As it were, I did spend a good amount of time at the table, but it didn't reach infinity, and the luckboxes kept luckboxing away. $100 is a significant loss for my $800 bankroll, and I plan on returning to $1/2 probably to finish my run at Doyle's.

In other news, I forgot to mention that I went to the G.I. (gastro-intestinal) doctor yesterday. It was 11am, and I had a client meeting at 2pm. Fortunately, my G.I. is nearby. I went in, told him what was wrong, and he told me that he would have to do an endoscopy. Basically, they put a spaghetti-sized camera down your throat and into your stomach. Well, he wanted to do it right then, and I hadn't eaten for the day, so nothing was stopping us. They put me to sleep (that stuff is goooooooooood), and when I woke up, I got the diagnosis. Hell, I don't remember what it is called, but its essentially an extreme form of GERD (acid-reflux) that reaches up to my esophagus and throat. Instead of taking a week to resolve, the doctor said it would take months. Lovely. But, the good part is that I know what is wrong with me (in that department, at least). So, yeah for me!

I'm also in 2nd place in the NCAA pool hosted by Mowenumdown and TripJax. Who woulda thunk. I know nothing. Have a great St. Patty's day!

posted by Jordan @ 9:57 AM,

3 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you on the bonus chase. I'm currently chasing at Full Tilt and was donking a ton at $1/$2 limit, thinking I knew what I was doing. I had already lost about $100 including a $100 bonus and finally succumbed to the SNG gods.

While the whoring at FT is slower playing SNG's, it's definitely more profitable for me.

Good luck with your whoring

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you were still able to go back to work? Wow, I was out of it all day after mine.

 
At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I returned to work...but I didn't say I wasn't out of it! I still am actually. Concentrating at work has been really difficult today. And tonight is St. Drunkard's Day, so I have to resolve this shitty feeling and the desire to feel shitty tomorrow morning ala hangover.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home