Check It: DADI |

 




Excitement in the Air

When I play poker, I usually get a bit excited. My heart beats faster. My legs tend to bounce if I'm sitting down. My energy level is generally up, anticipating the high I get when I push all-in with a solid hand but don't know if I'm going to get paid off or going to lose big.

Yes, this is the REAL reason why I play poker. I love the excitement of the gamble.

Tonight, the excitement is amped up times ten. I have a good hour before I head over to my game, but I feel like going right now, just to get the ball rolling. For tonight, I join fellow blogger Joaquin Ochoa at a New York City cardroom for a $25 "Freeroll". The $25 ostensibly covers food and drinks (non-alcoholic, of course). The freeroll has prizes such as free entry into an upcoming Borgata tournament (in Atlantic City), and possibly a large screen TV, which Joaquin won at the first freeroll held by the room.

I've never played in a NYC cardroom before, but this one seems ideal. They have daily tournaments ranging from $50 rebuy, to $100 freezeout, to $250 freezeouts. They may have higher stakes tourneys too, but they aren't for the likes of me.

The location is great too. It's close-ish to my apartment, and is around the corner from one of fiance Kim and my favorite restaurants. I may stop there before the game for a drink.

Wish me luck. I'm downright jittery in anticipation.

Calm, cool and collected, I'm not. Regardless, it's time for Poker!

posted by Jordan @ 6:32 PM,

3 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger GaryC said...

So, where's the write up on the freeroll?

I'm dying over here.

G

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

Ask and you will receive!

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger GaryC said...

You are the man, J!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home