Check It: DADI |

 




Dr. Pauly's Birthday Tourney

I'm making this short, because I have to leave for work. Your humble author placed 19th out of over 60 bloggers and readers. I was in good shape until I played a stupid hand against the chipleader. I won't go into it now, but I will have to remember in the future that you do not intentionally play against the chipleader. Once that wiped me nearly out, one all-in with K9 from UTG (I would've had to go all-in on the BB, so K9 was looking good), was enough to do me in. The chipleader held KQ, and the flop had a Q. The rest was academic.

Unrelated, my grandmother passed away yesterday. I've debated discussing it here, but there doesn't seem much harm to mentioning it. My grandmother was one of the big reasons I got interested in cards in the first place. As a kid, we used to play blackjack and other games. She and my grandfather lived with us for the summers growing up. I guess I was blessed to have so much contact with her. I don't know what else to say. This is all so new and surreal for me.

I'll be going to Florida tomorrow and Friday for her funeral. Don't expect a post. The AC Bachelor Party Mayhem finale will hopefully get done today. If not, it'll have to be on backburner. Besides, I got to the good stuff.

Have a good day. Enjoy it.

posted by Jordan @ 8:01 AM,

8 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Blogger GaryC said...

Condolences, J. Sure sorry to hear that.

G

 
At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss. Safe travels also.

Side not at least you finished 19th comapred to my stunning finish of 61.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

Sorry to hear about your grandmother. Wow! These things are tough...hang in there.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger TripJax said...

We'll keep you and yours in our thoughts J. Bloggin' can wait. You do what you've gotta do.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Pauly said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandmother. Best thougths go out to your family.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the support.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger D said...

Sorry about your grandmother.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Sorry to read that about your grandmother.Sincere condolences.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home