Check It: DADI |

 




Going Down to AC

I had my first day off from online poker last night. I barely missed the bitch. My plan is to finish up my pending bonus on Stars and then withdraw everything but $400-500. The rest will go toward a new computer, one that hopefully will keep me occupied with some lowbrow video games. Before online poker, my obsession was Grand Theft Auto, in its various incantations. Sure, its also a time-suck, but at least I don't get crabby when I make a bad play, and the cheat codes really work.

In the meanwhile, I've decided to get back into cash games. The plan was to play at SoxLover's homegame on Saturday night, but he lacked the requisite players, due in large part to a new mixed-game homegame hosted by Bradley over at Ship It Fish. I had played with Bradley before at Dawn's homegame, I figured, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. So, I emailed Dawn and she contacted SIP, and I got me an invite...sorta.

As it turned out, SIF was having some troubles gathering players as well. I was a bit hesitant about his game, since the stakes are generally higher ($1/1 NL, and $4/8 limit) and the mixed games are even a bit much for me to handle (Badugi??). So, when I found out that his game was tentative, I decided not to put all of my chips in one gamble, and decided to see what other opportunities were available.

Enter, Matty Ebs. Ebs left a comment in a previous post in which he nonchalantly mentioned that he would be in AC this weekend. Now, Ebs was my little brothers friend growing up and I used to babysit for the guy, but he's a fine poker player and a fellow degenerate, so I saw an opportunity. I called him up, only to discover that he is sharing 2 rooms with 9 people, most of which were also friends of my brother. Super! Now I have a place to crash...albeit on a crowded floor.

Now, to get to AC. Enter, Mikey Aps. Aps is a fellow degenerate that I grew up with. He actually largely started my interest in poker, so he was an obvious choice. I called him this afternoon, and his response, "Now, that's what I'm talking about."

The current plan is to head to AC on Saturday with Aps. We don't have a room, and I'm not expecting or counting on Ebs and company, since they are crowded enough and I don't want to intrude. However, we will probably find some fleabag hotel near the Boardwalk just enough to sleep for a few hours (and/or sober up) for the ride back Sunday.

I'm AC bound baby!

Next up, resusitating the NY home game scene, and getting back to Salami Club. Until then, make mine poker.

posted by Jordan @ 12:05 PM,

3 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Blogger jjok said...

I finished GTA3 ad Vice City.....but San Andreas is still begging for me to come back.

I love GTA......what a time killer. San Andreas is by far the best game I have ever played.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Have fun in AC and slap some live fish for a change!

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still looking for home games as well...great to hear you're coming to AC, should be plenty of room on the floor...just so you know I love the mixed games...see you this weekend

 

Post a Comment

<< Home