Check It: DADI |

 




PTSD and Tilting

Okay. I may have lost a few of you with the post on Deceptive Drawing. But this one is for the masses.

I was reading Maxim magazine while at my NJ Continuing Legal Education class (as you can see, I'm not doing much in the way of learning about New Jersey law), when I came upon a small sidebar article about war veterans suffering from PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) . Tell me if this sounds familiar:

"When the brain is overwhelmed, it gets frozen in many ways at the time of trauma, resulting in flashbacks, alienation, aggressive behavior, and diminished problem solving abilities, not to mention inopportune checkraising."

Okay the checkraising part is all me, but the rest is PSTD. It is also a great explanation of tilt. When I go on tilt, I get stuck on a hand. It replays over in my mind like a flashback. I don't want to chat or talk to anyone. My play gets more aggressive. My decision making gets worse.

So, next time I go on tilt, I am applying for disabillity and downing some prozac. Enjoy!

I knew you'd be here...playing poker.

posted by Jordan @ 9:47 PM,

1 Comments:

At 1:32 AM, Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Excuses..excuses..it couldn't just be that you have not played your best..the PTSD thing is original..snap out of it!

Focus and have discipline..you have the skill..just have the patience...

Best of luck to ya..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home