Check It: DADI |

 




See Saw Effect

I'm dealing with a hemmorage in my online bankroll of late. I am now hovering just south of $240. It's a sad thing, and I will drop limits as a result. However, I take some solice in the odd see-saw effect I am beginning to notice between my online and offline bankrolls.

At the beginning of the year, I was doing well online and off. Then, in March, I hit a losing streak online while my live games were racking in the dough. It flip-flopped around May, when my live game was suffering and my online bankroll steadily increased. My online bankroll peaked around August, when I was actually in the red for the year in my live game bankroll. Well, after two recent scores at the Genoa Club, my live game bankroll is back to healthy. What happens next? My online bankroll takes a downturn. From $500 to $240 over the course of one or two months. What is a man to do?

The answers, nearest I can tell are four-fold. ONE, don't worry, because my overall profit is up since two months ago. TWO, limit my online play by only playing when ready (read: sober) and dropping limits. THREE, continue my live game play. And FOUR, determine if it is best to focus on MTTs.

Now, the FOURTH concept is the trickiest. The way I see it, if I win or place high in an MTT, I can be right back to my old $500 online bankroll. The obvious problem is that MTTs are not easy to win. However, I have won some before, and I've placed high in some as well. Still, I'd like you opinions, including whether an MTT focus (assuming that I am a good player) makes sense, and how much should I risk per MTT. With $240 online, is it irresponsible to play a $20 freezeout? How about a $10 reload?

Final note. I missed the PokerStars Blogger Freeroll, but placed 412th anyway! My grandparents were in town, and they had a higher priority level. Now, if I had paid for the tournament... Anyway, it just goes to show that you get what you paid for.

Hasta la vista, poker.

posted by Jordan @ 12:39 PM,

1 Comments:

At 5:28 AM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

God, you placed higher than me!! lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home