Check It: DADI |

 




Are you HU?

We currently have 11 definite entrants. So, if you are on the fence, get moving, because it is first-come, first-served. I have updated the Heads-Up Challenge Blog with a list of the entrants along with links. You can also see my side-bar, which has a list of the present challengers' links.

By way of encouragement for the poor bloggers and readers out there, know that if you are horrible at Heads-Up games, the MOST you can lose in the challenge is $36! Here is the math: In round 1, if you lose your first two out of three matches immediately, you are eliminated. You lose $5+.50 or so on each HU match ($11 total), and $25 for the prize pool, payable at the end of the challenge (you can pay directly to me earlier if you prefer). That is it! $36! If you win one of those matches, you only lose only about $31. If you advance to round two, you are up about $4 or so dollars, so the most you can lose is $32 assuming you lose two immediate matches ($4 -$11 -$25). So, the max you can lose is $36.

What do you get for your $36? A whole lot. An opportunity to test yourself. An opportunity to rub elbows with other bloggers/readers. Maybe some more readers at your blog (although no promises). To me the best part of the previous challenges were meeting what GCox the Poker Mafia, a loose group of past-Challengers who are always good for company railbirding, playing, advice and comraderie. I don't know about the name though, G. Me personally, I'd prefer the Poker Degenerates. I've always liked that title. Mafia sounds too exclusive, and I can't help but think of us as a ragtag group of degenerates, in a good way of course. But no matter what you call it, it's good stuff. And that's all that matters.

So there you have it. Are you HU?

posted by Jordan @ 12:10 PM,

15 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

hit me with the details...like dates and so forth...for as much time as you put on this blog you would think there would be a nice banner or something so I could post on my site for others to join.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Unfortunately, I'm an e-tard. I barely know how to post pics. But if someone wants to help me with web design, please do! I am actually really good with art on the computer and otherwise, so the pic isnt the problem. I just don't know how to make a banner that I and others can use.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

Make a picture like you did the donkey pic a while back and I'll turn it into a thumbnail so we can put it in our sidebars for promotion. In fact, use the donkey and make sure to put the link to HUC2 somewhere in the pic.

I may also redo the blog for HUC2, but I'm already working on another template. Send it to me at jaxon59@yahoo.com and jason.turner@ubs.com.

"Get Your Head Out Of Your Ass And Into The Heads-Up Challenge."

"Heads-Up Is Hands Down The Fushizzy."

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger STeelerJosh said...

"Heads-Up Is Hands Down The Fushizzy"

Do any of you guys really work at work!?!?!?

I love it.

Good bunch of posts recently Jordan, good to see you back in the thick of things.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

jordan, that is, of course, if you want to do it. if you don't have time don't sweat it. just thought it would be cool as a way to point folks to the HUC2 whether before or after it has started.

and josh, i came up with that one while writing the post. i do need to get my ass back to work though...

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger GaryC said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger cmitch said...

Count me in. I replied to your email earlier today. Sounds like fun.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger GaryC said...

SirFwalgman is #12 and CMitch is #13, only 3 spots left boys.

And by the way, Josh, no, I don't get much done at work. Thanks for asking.

G

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger total said...

I'm in because of some inspiring words from Joe Seboc. "I'm dangerous because I'm a little bit stupid." If that's the case, I'm going to be the most dangerous man in this here HU tourney.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger jremotigue said...

My first round opponent want to make a deal?

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger total said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger total said...

Yea Donkeypuncher, I'll make a deal with you, winner gets $6 and the Loser gets $4. Now all we have to do is find someone to stake us both for the $25 loser fee and we'll be fine. How about the winner waives the $25 fee for whoever comes in dead last? That would be just swell.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger High Plains Drifter said...

I wimped out on the first HUC, but my main problem from then has been corrected.

All games on UB?

I want IN. :)

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger doubleas said...

I'd like to play again.

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

It is a sad day. The 16 people are set. To DoubleAs and NickChristy, I wish there was something else we can do. Especially for DoubleAs, who graced the first Heads Up Challenge. I will see if there is some way to work it, but it might not be possible given the bracket framework. Let me start off by saying that I always stated that HUC1 competitors had priority. This being the case, I really want to make this work for DoubleAs. One possibility would be to have the 2nd round be round robin amongst 9 people advancing from the 1st round. Another would be to have some pre-first round qualifiers. However, before anything is done, I need to consider these possibilities. Until then, my apologies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home