Check It: DADI |

 




Genoa Donation

With poker rooms in the city being raided or voluntarily shutting down daily, I'm glad that Genoa is still open. Being small, have a license as a "social club," and offering the no-fee tournament seems to be the magic combination to avoid police involvement.

Even so, I did not win tonight. I'm keeping this short, but I wanted to blog this to get it out of my head. I was the 2nd person out of the tournament. I never hit my stride. I pushed all-in as the small stack in early position with the hammer and got two callers. A flop of AKT and I knew I was done. Of course, I always play the hammer, but I also have the no-all-in-bluffs-with-the-hammer rule, let alone doing so in early position when I had more than 10x the BB. So, er, I suck.

I then gave away $100 at the 1/2 NL table, which is about as loose as an online table anywhere. My loss came after my opponent held AT and hit a TT6 flop. I had 77, and thought I was ahead against AQ or AK. I wasn't. So, I'm home.

That's it. I shed $140, but I'm still up at the Genoa overall (and up for the year live AND online). So, don't cry for me Argentina.

The path of the righteous man is best on all sides by the inequity of the fish and the tyranny of evil cards. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak/tight through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost chips. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious suckouts those who attempt to poison and destroy my poker. And you will know I am the Shark when I lay my Aces upon you.

posted by Jordan @ 9:23 PM,

4 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

Oh, I've checked out F-Train. In fact, I've met the man. I'll take a look at your blog terry, and probably link you up. Just know that the only NYC club that I go to is Genoa. I've been to 823 Club nee the Aquarium, but I don't plan to return for a while.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

Genius ending. Good stuf

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger High Plains Drifter said...

Awesome final paragraph!

 
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol. you're a fish. buying into the genoa 1/2 w/ $100.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home