Check It: DADI |

 




Jumping the Gun

I admit, this is too early to be posting this. I admit that I am definitely jumping the gun. But I love poker, and I can't help but think about the next challenge once in a while. After the SNG Challenge is complete, I am proposing a Heads-Up Challenge. It will be an elimination event, starting with 8 players, ideally. Members of the SNG Challenge will have first pic at spots, but beyond that, it is open. If we have enough interested parties, we can potentially move it beyond 8 players. The buy-in for the event (prize pool money) will be $25 as per usual. First place gets $150, and 2nd gets $50. The eight players will be required to have at least $40 in an account on a designated site. Each player will play each other player in a $5 heads-up game, resulting in 28 first round matches (trust me, I did the math). Each player will play 7 matches in total in the first round, and the top 4 players (win/loss record) will move onto the next round. If there are ties, players will have tie breakers. Then all four members in the second round will play each other for 6 matches in total. The two players with the best records in Round 2 (ignore Round 1 wins/losses) move to the finals. The final two players play heads-up five times. Best of five wins.

I like this format because it provides that any player entering will at least get to play 7 matches. I'm really excited for it too, because the SNG Challenge is whooping my ass. To make this work, we'd need 8 players who are able to coordinate their timing. This might be difficult, but hypothetically, we can have players arrange the timing for thier own matches amongst themselves and post the time/date on comments or on their blogs so that others can railbird. It should be interesting regardless.

I love poker. I don't love work. Hence this post. Go me!

posted by Jordan @ 5:29 PM,

4 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, Blogger D said...

You are crazy and I am definetely down for it.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger GaryC said...

I'm down also and I don't love work either.

G

 
At 3:45 AM, Blogger High Plains Drifter said...

Uh... I'm lame. I'm in, if it's on UltimateBet.

Sounds like fun.

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger doubleas said...

I'd like to give it a shot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home