Check It: DADI |

 




Much to Look Forward to...

Good luck to all bloggers in Vegas. I'm there with you in spirit. A couple of interesting developments concerning my website outreach. I was killing some time last night and googled my website. I found a couple of sites linked to mine. Sites that I never heard of or saw before. Thank you to those bloggers. The few that I saw were good blogs. Often they are lower limit players, so they are right up my alley (I think I should probably get back to my micro-limits...after the limit challenge of course).

The limit challenge is moving along. At Day 3, I had a set back and am now up about $7 or so. Lets hope that it is all upwards from here.

I'm off to Atlantic City this Sunday with Robbie Hole and David Roose. The plan right now is to play ring games (1/2 NL, probably) Sun night and go to the Trump Taj Mahal $50+15 tournament on Monday, noonish. Not too shabby. I'm hoping for a win. Otherwise, I might be in the red for the first time in a year.

Desi's home game looks to be resurrecting. In fact, poker seems to me making a comeback (at least verbally) amongst my circle of friends. Desi, fresh off of his first weeks at a new job, has sent an email gathering info as to players' interests in a .50/1, $50 buy in cash game. This is a departure from the .25/.50, $20 game that he used to host every other week. Those games were consistently cash cows for me, so hopefully things will stay the same.

At a recent barbecue, Roose's brother (a close family friend) was talking about playing poker at my or Roose's place. So there is another new player right there. I got an email from Leano, a friend from college and poker regular at my place, asking when the next game will be. Maybe the players' gambling impulses have been stimulated by the nice weather...like gambling hibernation has ended. Or maybe they can feel the undercurrents caused by the tsunami of poker, the WSOP. Whatever the reason, it works for me.

Have a great day everyone. Poker up!

posted by Jordan @ 8:45 AM,

4 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Often they are lower limit players, so they are right up my alley"

I hope you mean that in a good way!!

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You seem to enjoy tournaments a lot based on some of your updates. Do you play any of the bigger MTTs on Party or Stars ?

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Kipper:
How could I mean it in a bad way?! Heheh. The bottom line is, I am a low limit player. My addictive personality is kept in check by my anal retentiveness. So low-limit is kind of where I am at right now.

Lou:
Actually, I am an online poker room serial monogomist. I choose one site, deposit for their bonus, and play until I feel that it is time to move on. So, I've never openned a Stars account and I haven't played on Party for a while. Currently, I am playing on Noble Poker, which I found thanks to Pauly's freeroll a couple of weeks ago. By the way, Noble's bonus has been paying me an additional $10/wk lately. Works for me! As for tournaments, I've been successful at some MTTs on Golden Palace (my original site of choice), but they usually maxed in the 220-250 range. I can't imagine playing one of the 1000+ person tourneys. I can barely find time ot play the 220 games.

To all:
Is there a strategic reason to have money in multiple sites. I can't see it, but maybe there is something I don't know. Please advise.

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My reasoning is I like to play the huge multi tournies and Party and Stars both have large fields. I play only cash games at Party though, because their 5/10 game is so soft.

A lot of people bonus whore so they keep money on as many sites as possible. This way, they take advantage of as many reload bonuses as possible by cashing out and then redepositing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home