Check It: DADI |

 




Good Vibes All Around

Bam! What a day. It was one of those days when you get up early, spend 3 hours doing everything that you've put off for 3 weeks, and then find yourself with nothing to do but entertain yourself. And you all know how I like to entertain myself!

The Limit Challenge has made some more big strides. This was after going on a cold deck losing spree, which resulted at me being up a measely $6 at my lowest. But then, after sticking around and playing some tight poker broken up by aggressive action, I made a turn around and got back to healthy...and beyond. Here is the general way that it went:

I started about 11:15am, and in 15 minutes, was up a small $2. This was followed by some errands, and then another stint of poker starting at 1:20pm, during which I lost $11+ in 1 hour and 10 minutes. Then, at 5pm, i played for 1 hour and 20 minutes, during which I was down about $20 until I came back for a cool $0.89 win. Another half-hour of play from 7 to 7:30 resulted in a huge $16+ uptick. Booya! I was hitting cards, making choice laydowns, and doing it all at a table that would not fold to my super hands. Suckers! Just short of 8pm I sat for a quick 8 minutes, during which I left up $6. Dizzamn!

During all of this, I made dinner, folded laundry, cleaned my room, watched The Wire on my working On Demand service (thank you Time Warner). I got a lot done because I could only sit at that one .25/.50 table at Noble Poker.

Actually, that is not entirely true. I finally got impatient and played in two small SNG tourneys today, which I have separated from my Limit Challenge earnings. In the first, it was a 6 seater $2 buy in NLHE, in which I took down 2nd to win about $1.40. Small stakes, indeed, but at long as there is some action, I am there. In the second, I played a Heads-Up game for $5. I whooped some serious poker ass. I was the aggressor the entire time, constantly chipping away at my opponent. He never had a chance.

As a result of days worth of top-notch poker, my bankroll has grown to about $105. For me to move up to the next Limit Challenge level, I need to raise that to about $130. Its some odd math, but trust me when I say I've been meticulous in recording and separating my winnings.

Tomorrow, I am off to AC with Hole and Roose. It hardly seems real, even though I'm packed and ready to go. Don't get me wrong. It isn't such a big deal. But usually before a trip such as this, I am amped. OOOHWEEE! Poker poker poker poker poker.

Houston, we have a Poker!

posted by Jordan @ 9:40 PM,

2 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck in AC. Let me know how things work out for you there!

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger STeelerJosh said...

The Wire is my favorite show on HBO. I might be a little biased because I grew outside Baltimore, but I love watching that show. It is crazy to recognize a strip club I have been to or a street I know. The plots were sweet as hell the first two seasons, last season was allright.

Glad to hear things are running well in the limit challenge, having a goal and some guidelines really seems to help. It takes some of the gambling itch ("I'm bored, I think I will spend 20 on a SNG") and keeps you focused and mostly moving the bankroll up. Good Luck in AC.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home