Check It: DADI |

 




In which Jordan say nothing of any interest...

My trip to the sunny side of variance was cut short by my most recent run at SNGs and MTTs. I'll save you the bad beat details other than to say that I lost two or three tourneys when I got all-in with a dominant hand, only to suffer the inevitable suckouts. No harm done to my psyche, though. I know this is all part of the game. I just remind myself that each unlikely suckout means that I am entitled to suckout on someone else down the line. I just hope it isn't too far down the line.

I've been getting lots of comments from people with ideas for poker trips. The most recent front-runner is St. Louis, MO. From what I hear, they have a good amount of poker handy and, unlike some of the other locations, actually have other attractions. Truth be told, I really don't expect to have much time for anything other than poker, but if St. Louis is my destination, then I will find time for some St. Louis style ribs. Sadly, I cannot go to some of the more 'exotic' places put in the suggestion box: Aruba and Jamaica. Plain and simple, this is going to be a solo trip or a trip with some buddies, so I cannot justify beautiful beach weather sans wifey Kim. She'd have my head. And besides, I really am looking to experience something a bit less typical. Mid-west looks like the place to be.

On a related note, I hung out with my buddy Jefe and his new fiance. Jefe and I met up at Buffalo and he is thinking about going up there this semester to visit the old stomping grounds. I told him I would join...provided that I get at least one 3-hour window for poker. He doesn't play, but I have my priorities straight.

Interestingly, all of these travel ideas have taken place without any conversations with wifey Kim, other than a throw-away comment that I want to take a poker-trip this year. She's an angel and without any real details, pretty much gave me free reign. I will do my best, though, to arrange my trip when she is otherwise busy. As of now, she has some bridal showers in March, so once I get exact dates, I will do a search for fares. In the end, the cheapest and/or most convenient will probably win.

On the topic of vacations, wifey Kim and I are going to Playa del Carmen, Mexico in early February. Time is flying, but not fast enough. I need a vacation in a bad way.

3/6 limit mixed games tonight at the Wall Street Game. Sadly, since its cash, I can't bust out quick in order to play Guitar Hero...or can I.

I thought I had more direction for this post, but I guess I was wrong.

Until next time, make mine poker!

posted by Jordan @ 2:25 PM,

6 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

We'e paid back in equal treatment to all the suckouts we've suffered in the past? Holy shit, I did not know this. I can't wait for that yacht to sail home. I'll be up $70,000 this year!!!



You might consider South Dakota in Deadwood. But I think they only spread 3/6 limit there. Great sights and good donkey poker.

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Jestocost said...

You can bring your gambler's fallacy mentality to St. Louis any time. I think St. Louis style ribs are pretty much a myth, however, at least in this day and age. Your best bet is to go for some Italian on The Hill or elsewhere and don't scrimp on the toasted ravioli.

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was in St. Louis this summer for work and stayed at the Harrah's. Pretty nice room, but also a pretty rocky/solid group of locals playing there.

You don't get the tourists like you do in Vegas.

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donkey Poker in Shreveport!!! All the degenerates from Texas burning up the interstate to get it all-in with any Ace... Let me know and I will schedule some free time as well to hook-it-up at Horseshoe or Eldorado with you. 1-2, 2-5, and 2-5 PLO. Also have your obligatory grinders 2-4 and 3-6 Limit.

MG

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger mindaddy said...

Hey Jordan,
I'm an avid reader of your blog and wanted to put in my two cents about poker in the Midwest. Any guy named Jordan should try out Chicago (if you haven't already). There are at least two decent places, Resorts and Majestic Star, in the area (actually northern Gary, Indiana, basically right across the border). I haven't been to Resorts but have been to the Star alot. The Star (a Heartland Poker Tour stop) has a private poker room with nice Tvs and over 20 tables of pokery goodness. They spread 1/2 and 2/5 nl, and 3/6 limit, and usually a mixed game. But you have to pay for alcohol. I can almost guarantee you a profit at this room. Since you're a NYer, I won't even try to compare a Chicago-style deep dish pizza with NYs, but definitely try the Chicago-style hotdog. And of course there are a few non-pokery things to do in the CHI.

P.S. Ideally, Tunica would be a great option because drunk ignorant rednecks = lots of monies. I've been there, and it's pretty nice. Of course, Mississippi itself sucks.

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Thanks again for all of the suggestions. I think Mindaddy might be onto something. I've wanted to go to Chicago for years. I have a cousin there, so I might have a place to stay. Also, direct flights should be easier to find. That looks to be the new frontrunner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home