Check It: DADI |

 




WPBT Winter Classic

I haven't been to a WPBT event yet. In fact, in the past, I avoided them like the plague. It wasn't so much that I didn't want to meet my fellow poker bloggers, as much as I didn't see how going to a WPBT event could fit into my life. I don't particularly want to bring wifey Kim out to Vegas to meet my fellow degenerates because she doesn't play poker and I'd be more focused on her than on the action and the mingling. I didn't have the money or time to go either, since in the past two years (i.e., since I started the blog) every year saw me with few vacation days and fewer dollars. But if there was one last thing stopping me, it was uncertainty. I wasn't sure about what the scene would be like, who these bloggers would be, and whether this would be a great time or a personal disaster.

Those concerns have since been vanquished. Meeting bloggers in Philly for the Bash 2006 at the Boathouse and Oklahoma for Okie-Vegas 2007, along with the many, many NYC bloggers I see on a nearly weekly basis, has led me to the obvious conclusion that I can have a great time with this varied lot in just about any location. WPBT Guantanamo Bay?! I'll bring the blindfolds, you bring the canines!

This is all just to say that it looks more and more likely (but not quite definite) that I will attend the WPBT Winter Classic this year, December 6-9. Of course, nothing is set in stone. I need to see if I can get a free flight from Mama High, and work out some roommate situations. But still, I'm giddy at the prospect.

If you are going this year and need a roommate, lemme know via email (highonpokr AT yahoo). No chicks, but otherwise, I'm fairly open. I don't snore, I don't smoke cigarettes, and I don't mind either.

Until next time, make mine poker!

posted by Jordan @ 4:55 PM,

3 Comments:

At 6:16 PM, Blogger Fuel55 said...

Gotta watch out for late nigh shenanigans when sharing a room ...

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger katitude said...

YAY!!!

The more degenerates the better!

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You will find it fun and exhausting all at once.

Make sure you read up on Pauly's guide on how to enjoy these events to the max.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home