Wednesday, May 30, 2007
The 2007 WSOP starts in a matter of hours, this is my last ditch plea to get in on some of the action. So, this is me, officially declaring that I am looking for any and all prop bets. If you are interested in one of the following bets, for as little as $1 and as much as $20, leave a comment. Even if you can't be at the 2007 WSOP, at least playing along will be fun. I've only got two ideas currently, but I'm open to others.
1. Over/Under amount of players in the Main Event- You send me your over/under number and I'll choose to go over or under.
2. Pick'em Horserace- You choose one or more professional players and I do the same. For each bracelet won by your or my player(s), the other person pays. This will last for the entire WSOP, and could accumulate some nice dough...or none at all. We can even offer a lesser amount for each final table, such as $1 for final tabling, $5 for wins, or even $5/$20.
I am reserving my right to cap the betting and reject any offers, but I'm interested in getting some action on this thing, so hit me up with a comment or email if you are interested.
posted by Jordan @ 9:02 AM,
- At 9:59 AM, meanhappyguy said...
#2, I choose Brandon Schaefer and Carl Olson--I'll let you choose any two besides Chan/Brunson/Helmuth.
$5 for final tables, $15 for wins?
- At 10:01 AM, HighOnPoker said...
I like it, MeanHappy. I'll go with Carlos Mortensen and Phil Ivey. That was easy!
- At 10:20 AM, Unimpressed said...
i'm interested in some bets, but won't be at the WSOP. Will you do paypal or FTP transfers?
- At 10:27 AM, HighOnPoker said...
I won't be there either. FTP is preffered, and PayPal is acceptable as long as the sender adds a little extra dough to cover the transfer fees.
- At 11:15 AM, Unimpressed said...
1) Main Event Attend: 7592 @ $5.00
2) 1 for Final Table / 5 for Bracelet
I'll take two horses.
a) phil hellmuth
b) joe hachem
- At 11:39 AM, HighOnPoker said...
1) I'll take the Under.
2) I'm tempted to reject this one, since I think the Poker Brat will have a good year, but hell, let's gamble. I'll stick with Carlos Mortensen and add James Madsen.
- At 11:42 AM, Unimpressed said...
i'm going to assume you mean Jeff Madsen?
- At 11:47 AM, HighOnPoker said...
Good call. That's the one.
- At 11:49 AM, HighOnPoker said...
Actually, Unimpressed, I'd like to change one of my pick from Madsen to James Van Alstyne.
- At 11:53 AM, Unimpressed said...
- At 11:57 AM, Unimpressed said...
Shoulda made you stick with James Madsen.
"Wow, you picked someone who wasn't even AT the world series"
- At 11:59 AM, Unimpressed said...
Hey, wanna add anything if one of our horses wins the ME?
- At 12:14 PM, HighOnPoker said...
Not particularly, but since its a longshot, what do you have in mind? We can even add a last-longer in the main event thing, assuming all players we picked are going to play. I might want to pick different horses for that bet, but I'm open to sticking to the ones we have. What do you have in mind for a prize? It might be fun to do something that doesn't involve $ directly, but I'm open to a $ figure.
- At 1:08 PM, Unimpressed said...
we'll leave it as is. Though what kind of non $ bets were you thinking about?
- At 1:09 PM, bayne_s said...
$5 Final Tables, $10 Wins
I want Jeff Madsen & Tim West
- At 1:43 PM, HighOnPoker said...
Unimpressed, I'm thinking a t-shirt of the winner's choosing, or a banner placed on the loser's site for a month advertising the winner's blog. Of course, the t-shirt costs money to the loser, but its a little more interesting than some $ figure.
Bayne, deal. I'll take Carlos Mortensen and Greg Raymer.
And I think that will close my wagers. Thanks everyone.
- At 1:46 PM, Mattyebs said...
I'll take chris fergusen and phil ivey
Main Event - 5840 $5
- At 2:10 PM, HighOnPoker said...
Sorry, Ebs, but I'm going to have to pass on the Ivey/Ferguson bet, partly because I think those are great picks and partly because I already have picked Ivey for one of my bets.
As for the Main Event Over/Under, I'll take the Under.
- At 2:12 PM, Unimpressed said...
HoP, email me, we'll discuss pokerjunkie05 AT yahoo DOT com
- At 7:13 PM, meanhappyguy said...
You're going down! Picking big names is like not playing the hammer!
Baaad karma coming your way: I predict a bracelet each for Carl and Brandon ;)
Gotta root for the high school buddies!
- At 5:39 AM, Mattyebs said...
I'll gladly do fergeson/negraneu
just out of curiosity whats ur pick for the Main Event # u can email me if u don't want to kill ur action....also got some more hands for u from tonight
- At 9:22 AM, HighOnPoker said...
Ebs, my calculations for my Over/Under are a closely guarded secret. That and I think they are wrong in hindsight. But all of my bets stand. As for your Ferg/Neg bet, I'll take Mortensen and Raymer.