Check It: DADI |

 




Distracted Blogger

Boy, its been a distracting time here at HoP. I'm still sorta licking my wounds from the WSOP loss and the Salami debacle before it, but its only a matter of time before I am beyond it and ready to resume my duties as a degenerate gambler. In the meanwhile, I had a meeting yesterday with two friends, one of which is the husband to one of wifey Kim's best friends. There is an interesting thing that occurs between guys who are dating/married to friends. On my end, its a real crapshoot. Case-in-point, on at least one occassion, I got along very well with a boyfriend of wifey Kim's friend, only to have them get dumped. I mean, sure, the guy(s) was a sleazeball pothead with no ambition and even less class, but he was fun to hang out with. The replacements are rarely as fun, but I guess stability is fine, if nothing else than for the sake of wifey Kim's friends. All that said, I like me some low brow company, so I'm always crossing my fingers when one of wifey Kim's many friends shack up with a new dude.

So, this guy, Chris, is top of the line. He's one of those people who is a doer (do-er) as opposed to a talker or a thinker. It's a personality trait that impresses me, largely because I would be in one of the talker or thinker categories, at least as far as I see it. Chris is also, conveniently, not some straight-laced borefest, and I've gotten to know a lot of his friends as well. Long story short, Chris, his friend Marc, and I are working on a new venture, and while I thought this would go the way of the dodo like some of my other grand ideas (including a group poker blog and a poker book, the details of which I cannot share lest you actually run with the idea), it seems like my idea is actually a possibility now. I wish I could give more details, but sadly, I cannot. All I can say is that it is not poker-based, but still could be very interesting, and I may need some of your help when its up and running to at least look it over and maybe even participate a bit. But I'm ahead of myself.

It's a nice feeling to see new exciting possibilities ahead. In the meanwhile, I spent the rest of my Sunday at a very White Trash Wedding. I'm almost hesitant to write about it here, but fortunately, I don't expect the new married couple to ever find this site, largely because they barely know me.

Weddings in NY are definitely different than weddings in other areas. Suburban NY weddings are usually lavish affairs with upwards of 200 people, fully sit-down catered, usually with a band or sometimes a DJ, in a fancy banquet hall done up to the works. Yesterday's wedding had most of those things, actually, but just seemed...rushed. I suppose the fact that the bride was 5 months pregnant can do that. The food was good and all, but the DJ seemed to gravitate to some less than ideal music. Hell, the bridal party came out to some cheesy techno song, and the bride and groom came out to...get this...the Star Wars Storm Trooper March song. I mean, wha? I expected the bride to be sporting Princess Leia hair and the groom to be dressed in his best Darth Vader mask.

Man, I wish I could remember more details, but excessive alcohol consumption will do that to you.

Part of me feels like the poker thing has petered out for me. I know that this is NOT true. The reality is that I'm just a bit burnt out and I'll get back on track when I get my second wind. I just love gaming too much, and poker is the rare type of game that could make me money.

So, until next time, make mine poker...eventually!

posted by Jordan @ 9:47 AM,

5 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger slb159 said...

I immediately thought of the walking out in an outfit similar to the one in the scence with Leia lying at the feet (tail) of Jabba, half-naked. Yum.

Then I remembered you said she was 5 months pregnant. Whoops.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

I love white trash weddings. You should have taken pictures for us to all laugh at :)

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Dude. No way poker is petered out for you. Before like one week ago you were on a massive live poker success streak. You can't let a couple of bad sessions spoil what has otherwise been a very profitable, and more importantly a very enjoyable hobby in 2007. That is very Waffles of you to talk about being done with poker just from a couple of bad runs. What about the guy who cashed in six out of six live tournaments at Salami? Come on with that.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Thanks, Hoy. Sometimes I need that reminder. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying I'm done with it, but I have noticed that since the WSOP, my urge to play hasn't been as pressing. I always liken poker as a need, more than a want. A want you can never have enough of, like money. A need is something that you eventually satisfy, until that depletes and you get the need again. Poker is a need for me. At some point, I'm satiated, and then a week or two pass and I'm jonesing again.

I never meant to suggest that I'd stop playing poker. I'm just winded, but I'm catching a second wind.

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on your venture. I look forward to seeing some of the details if and when it comes into the public eye!

kipper

 

Post a Comment

<< Home