Check It: DADI |

 




Big Boy Pants!

I have to give a huge shoutout to Miami Don, who has singlehandedly gotten me to play the type of stakes that I've wanted to play all along. The Blogger Big Game is coming up this Sunday and I couldn't be more excited.

When I started to play online poker, I made my chops at $.10 to $1 buy-in tournaments on Golden Palace Poker, home of the smallest deposit requirements and cheapest tournaments. But in the back of my head, I wanted to be playing the bigger games. In fact, when I invariably reloaded my $20 every month, I would start off with a $10 SNG, my way of saying, "I can do it!" to the world, before the world bitchslapped me back to the penny games.

I've progressed from the ten cent tournaments and now regularly play $20-$30 games. I tend to stick to the $10-20 range usually, and the blogger games have only reinforced that level.

But not anymore! The Blogger Big Game is here and I'm finally going to have a chance to play stakes that will actually mean something more than the usual online poker game. Thanks Miami Don for making it possible. The best part might just be the fact that I don't have to put -$75 on my spreadsheet if I lose. According to my record keeping, any game entered into for a tournament is -$0, since I tack on the loss when I win the token. In other words, when I played the $8.70 18 person Token SNG for a $26 token, I considered that a -$8.70 loss, even though I won. When I took that token to the Tier 2 Token SNG for the $75 token, I considered it a $0 loss/win, since it cost me nothing to enter and I got no money out of it. Hence, when I play in the Blogger Big Game, I have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Rumor has it the prize pool is already over $1000 and we haven't even hit 20 players.

When you are done earning your Token to the Big Game, go for one more $26 Token. This was, you too can consider DADI X: Fight the Power to be a freeroll. It doesn't look like DADI X will have the usual corporate sponsors, but who knows what will happen going forward. Whatever the case, the staff at Donkeys Always Draw, Inc. are actually all Cambodian immigrants living in a series of shanty shacks in Mexico (right across the boarder for easy access), so the government and that evil Mr. Frist won't get their grubby hands on us. Come on out and show Frist who is boss...and it ain't Tony Danza, its the American people.

posted by Jordan @ 10:21 PM,

6 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

You have no idea how many bloggers have kids and have at one time or another said, in their ubergeighest voice, "Yay, your in big boy underwear now!"

Or is that just me?

Looking forward to the Big Game and DADI. Now that I have a little more leg room at FT, I may go for the DADI token soon. I should have the tourney up by tomorrow, and I'll let you know when I do.

I have an idea for bounties...remind me to tell you about it.

 
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't blog, but I do have a couple $75 tokens on FTP. Mind if I get in on this?

I only do SnG's and cash games so I'll just be a donator to the prize pool anyhow.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

I'm not 100% sure about the Big Game, Tom, but I'll check on that for you. As for the DADI event, all comers are welcome, and I don't know if the $26 buy in is low to you (from what I've read from your comments, I wouldn't be surprised if you played higher), but I'd love to have you play. I somewhat recall you playing in another DADI, but I'm unsure.

BTW, Tom, if you ever want to guest post, send me an email at highonpokr AT Yahoo, but don't forget to leave off the last E for +EV. On that note, I'd love to sit at a table with you sometime, since I'm a fan of your analysis/comments.

 
At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I play 1-2 PLO, 1-2 NL, 4/8 and 5/10 limit mostly. Not too high. I'd do the $26 DADI tournament, too.

Guest posting sounds fun. I'll try to think of a topic and then I can shoot you an email. Thanks!

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Tom, I just got word from Miami Don that readers are encouraged to enter the Blogger Big Game. I hope to see you there. What's your FT screenname?

 
At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FTP name is DefendTheBlinds, Jordan. I will more than likely be there tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home