Check It: DADI |

 




Makeover

The new digs at DADI got the DADI braintrust going again. We are still scoping out a date for the next event, but September 21st is a frontrunner. The game of choice will probably be the game of the hour: HORSE. VPP is on board, which is always a pleasure, and we have our feelers out to other entities to see if anyone else would like to juice the pot. I just got word from PokerOnAMac.com that they will be donating another iPod shuffle. I may also include a vengeance bounty, where I place a bounty (likely the $11 buy-in) on whoever knocks me out. What I do for my players...

On that note, the creative juices have been flowing and I've been working on a new banner to greet my readers when they come to HoP. Unfortunately, the more I work on a new banner, the more I appreciate the old one. Where is DuggleBogey when you need him? What I'm down to is this, and aside from a possible font change, similar to the current font, I think I have my eventual winner:


Maybe I'll tweak the colors on the tag line too. An artist's work is never done.

On the poker front, I've continued the less-is-more mentality. I'm trying to revert to my old attitude, when an SNG would satiate me. The winning still isn't coming. I busted in the Bash tournament pretty early. I then made it to 6th in the WWDN Not before hitting the rail. I think I have to thank Surflexus for that. More on him later. I played two HU SNGs and lost one on a brutal KQ v K7 suckout. The other was a blur. I did win $24 or so at 1/2 HORSE...and then later lost about $21 or so at 1/2 HORSE. In the end, I lost $25 for the night, ignoring the $25 that I paid to get into the Bash, since there was no prize money to be won. Yes, shady accounting! I feel like a big corporation!

The office seems like it will be quiet today. Everyone and their sister is on vacation, leaving me and two partners, one of whom is in the library all morning (the actual library, not the bathroom, you dirty dirty reader). I've got much to do, but at least I can do it in peace. This weekend will consist of going to the Shake Shack with wifey Kim tonight. It's a random, well, shack, in the middle of one of NYC's parks which supposedly has amazing food. Done and done. Tomorrow is the grandfather's birthday on LI, and with the popularity of poker, I wonder if I can get a game going. It's at my family's house on LI, so at least I know where my emergency chips are hidden. I kid you not. Otherwise, I'll be popping up online here and there. Keep an eye out for me and I'll gladly join your for a cash game or SNG. Until then, make mine poker!

posted by Jordan @ 9:36 AM,

11 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Blogger DuggleBogey said...

Settling on a font is the hardest part.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger CJ said...

Cool banner... but, remember, the 666 is the signature of the Tennesee Spaceman's Catching the Antichrist.

Don't want you caught in a copyright infringement lawsuit!!!

;-)

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Actually, I've had the 666 up for a while, and it hasn't been an issue. Also, I checked out the antichrist's site and I don't see any 666 pic posted. I don't want to step on the toes of the Man from Space, though, so if he has a 666 banner or pic up that you can refer me to, or if he objects to my banner, then I'd be glad to reconsider.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Jordan you guys will love the Shake Shack, if you're into that kind of food. Burgers n such. The shizz is delicious man. Worth standing in the rain for, even.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Don't worry... that was a little tongue in cheek, Jordan. I'm sure Jason won't mind at all :-D

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

CJ, then I suppose my response was a little head-in-ass. Thanks tho.

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, dont go to the shake shack the health dept. almost shut it down. It barely pasted the health inspection.

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Too late, killah. Besides, most places barely pass the health inspection. The food was pretty good, but isn't exactly surpassing the fast food genre. Kim and I just were just disappointed that they didn't have the chocolate peanutbutter custard. All in all, 3 out of 4 stars.

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Jordan,

Don't know if it's cause yours was one of the first blogs with a banner that I read regularly, but I honestly like the old one better. This one is good, but the old one didn't need improvement IMHO.

Perhaps I am just afraid of change?

 
At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinkin g of hitting up a long island club or two this weekend if you have any interest, one on Merrick Rd in Seaford, the other's out in Hicksville, longer treck but more selection. I was actually at the shake shack the day they got their violations but at the top of my list regardless, if ur looking for decent burgers I'm sure you've heard of corner bistro, but my new find is burgers and cupcakes on 35th and 9th...random question remember reading about difficulty's with mansion's promos, I don't know if you've heard their latest one, but apparently they guarantee ur bet on the steelers game up to $1100, let me know if that sounds legit at all to you

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Iak, thanks. I just felt like changing it up. You aren't the first one to have that opinion though. I'll take it under advisement.

Ebs, I heard of the bet. Word has been going around the blogosphere. Check out suckout.blogspot.com. ScurvyDog seems to know all the salient details. I'm passing on it though, since I don't want to even take the minimal chance that i somehow fuck up the bet and lose 1k. Its a bit harder to do if you have a wife...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home