Check It: DADI |

 




Tick Tock

AC is near, and certain things are already falling into place. I'm trying to get through my psuedo-Friday at the office. I have to tell a client today that we cannot continue with her case. It's going to suck, but it's part of the job. I must admit though, I'm nervous as hell. It's not that I am concerned about the client's reactions. Its that I know that these laypersons don't know everything that we do, and they don't understand the intricacies of the law. To the client, they underwent surgery, something was done wrong, and now they have pain. That's an easy case. To us, the client underwent surgery, something was done wrong, and now they have pain, but the pain cannot be connected legally to the surgery problems and the current problems are also documented as not existing in certain records. The law is the law, and this case is a clunker. But the poor client doesn't know this. They just know that they came to us for help, we acted like we were helping, and then we dropped her cause. It's kinda like a new player holding AK and missing the flop. They think AK is still good, but sorry, its time to fold.

My predictions for AC are coming true. I spoke to Roose and he already gave me shit about timing. He gets off of work at 5pm. Well, sorry guy, I need until 6 or 6:30, and even then I'm cutting it close. I expect to probably wimp out and meet him at 6.

Meanwhile, when I spoke to Hole, he announced that the first thing he is going to do is hit up roulette and then poker. It's like a goddamn ritual. First roulette, then poker. God bless!

Last night I played in the 180-person $20 Stars SNG for the first time. I didn't play any hands for the first hour and a half or so. When I finally did, I doubled up. But, alas, it wasn't meant to be. Eventually, I got all-in preflop with TT v. AQ. I ask the same question again: Aside from when you are shortstacked, is there ever a reason to push all-in on a coin toss, assuming you know it will be a coin toss? I think the answer is yes. More often than not, you'll win. Of course I'm talking about those tosses when you are ahead by a narrow margin, not the ones when you are behind.

After losing the tourney at about 57th place, I called it a night. I was a bit steaming, and I think I had my fill. I planned on hitting the sack early, but then realized I hat yet to pack. I threw some clothes together, and then realized that I needed to update my mp3 player. You might have your iPods, but I got me a ghetto $30 Sandisk that holds about 3-4 hours of music. Yep, its not your 20,000 song iPod, but 4 hrs is enough for me, especially when I'm playing poker. The music of choice were a couple of hour-long live Paul Oakenfold sets. He's techno, for those who don't know. I find techno to be the music of choice. It sets me up with a rhythm, doesn't distract me with lyrics, and helps me hit the zone. I also threw in some classical music, Ave Maria by Pavarotti and some other Italian song from the GTA soundtrack, some hip hop from the Wu Tang Clan, Jay-Z, and Dr. Dre, some random rock music, and Uncle Fucker from the South Park Movie, for when I need a mental break. Ah, I love my portable poker-inspired music!

T-minus 7 1/2 hours. Wish me luck!

posted by Jordan @ 9:52 AM,

8 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun in AC. Sending my mojo your way as I type.

I'd be interested to test out another 180 so next time you plan to do one let me know...

 
At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not confortable with a 'Coin Toss' unless I am shortstacked, near the bubble or fear that my MTT is about to come to a conclusion by being blinded out or something.

I am by no means a person who plays poker by the percentages...but pushing a stack in when you are a 53% favorite does not seem like poker it looks to me more like gambooling. (For your instance TT has ALOT of overcards that can beat you..JJ, QQ, KK, AA. And all the other combinations after the flop, turn, river) It all depends on the circumstances I guess. But I would like to see the flop and go from there.

I am just rambling off the top of my head and making no sense I am sure.

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck in AC. I will be waiting for a trip report.

 
At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck and have fun in AC!

 
At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone.

I

can't

wait...

GOD!!

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's getting close to go time! Have a good trip!

 
At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jordan,

I-PokerTable didn't offer me any specific promotions but was open to any ideas. I'd be open to doing something together with you for the promotions.

doubleas

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it ain't country, jazz, Frank Sinatra and the Boys, or hard rap...it ain't shit and doesn't go with me to play poker.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home