Check It: DADI |

 




7 Things

Schaubs tagged me with a meme. I've seen a bunch of blogs tagged and posting 7 things you didn't know, as I waited to be picked like the fat kid in dodgeball. On that note:

1. I was the fat kid in dodgeball. Well, not fat, really, but pudgy and lacking all sorts of skills. To this day, I throw like a girl. It wasn't so much that I was never taught right. I just always sucked as sports and I could never get the mechanics of proper throwing down. Part of me hopes that it is some skeletal or muscular anomaly, but alls I know is that I can't throw a ball to save my life. In fact, I avoid throwing most anything in public, besides a temper tantrum. I throw those like they are going out of style!

2. I am an artiste! While my art has seriously declined since my poker habit, er, hobby started, at my core, I consider myself an artist. My strengths are pen and ink and wire sculpting. I've had more than a few people suggest that I could sell my wire sculptures for decent cash compared to some of the stuff they've seen sold. That said, all my art is purely for my own therapuetic benefit. Here's a sample of the stuff I have in my office, a wire man flying a kite and a wire angel with an American flag, made shortly after Sept. 11:


















3. Sometimes I say the word "blue" when I mean "orange" and vice versa. Oddly, I see the color, I know what it is, but my mouth will just say the wrong thing. I usually catch it, but it is entirely subconscious. Even more odd, blue and orange are complimentary colors, meaning that they are opposites. I sometimes say "pink" instead of "purple" too, but at least those colors are close. When I say orange instead of blue people just look at me like I'm crazy.

4. After surviving two serious car crashes with nothing more than scratches, one in which our 15-foot Penske truck rolled four times and another where a Jeep I rode in flipped onto its back, I came to the only logical conclusion: I am invincible!

5. In college, I started a fraternity with a bunch of friends. The hardest part was NOT pledging. It's hard to get street rep that way. The fraternity still exists and is doing well. Our main goal was to create a fraternity where the brothers treat each other like family, and there is no homosexual acts, violence or excessive intoxicants as part of pledging. For the most part, aside from some mild violence, the fraternity has held to that standard.

6. I am allergic to penicillin.

7. If I were a DJ, my DJ name would be DJ Mop N' Glow. It was originally DJ Scratch N' Sniff until I found a DJ in Germany by that monicker. My other aliases include Phil Lapitus and Jude Wilson. I always have them on hand, but have rarely used them.

Boy, it felt good to get that all out. I didn't expect to cry this much, but once I got going...

If you like these, you may want to take a look at my old July 2005 post, 50 Things, listing, well, 50 other things about me. I hope I didn't repeat...

I suppose I should tag a few people, so I'm going to look for people I haven't seen tagged yet. Here we go:

TripJax
Gcox
MeanHappyGuy
23Skidoo
LJ

posted by Jordan @ 4:40 PM,

4 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Sometimes I say the word "blue" when I mean "orange" and vice versa."

Go Gators!

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger MHG said...

thanks for the tag! now the hard part... to find people who also haven't been tagged...

 
At 2:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice wire sculptures.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

I'll get to mine at some point this week. Just getting back down from planet travel.

A few btw's...

-ChickJax is allergic to penicillin.

-I cried too.

-Very cool art...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home