Check It: DADI |

 




Fueled Up


I moneyed in CC's Thursday Bash last night...and I didn't even play.

The night started off at 9:40 when wifey Kim fell asleep while watching a DVR'ed episode of Top Design. We are fools for reality tv contests and this one is decent enough. I like watching the social interaction and the voyeuristic elements of the shows, very similar to the reason why I enjoy some blogs, but once she dozed off, I pulled out the laptop to play some online poker.

Meanwhile, the siamese cat we are cat sitting for my buddy Jefe sulked around the apartment. How do I always end up watching cats?!

I played a quick 18 person SNG on Full Tilt for a $26 Token along with GCox. I busted pushing with a flush draw and two overs, but I should have never been in that hand in the first place. I toyed with the idea of playing another SNG, but I decided, correctly, that I wasn't playing well, part of being rusty and part of being overanxious to play. I decided to drop in on CC's tournament, since GCox was still in it and I wanted to see the other players.

On that note, if you are a blogger and want to get your name out more, there is no better way to do that then to play in blogger tournaments. Not only will you get to compete against some fellow bloggers, but its largely a very open and friendly group, and newbies, like DaFoundation last night, are generally welcomed, albeit with a bit of ball-busting.

I said hi to one table with CC, Katitude, Peaker and Chipper (I believe that the Poker Dwarf was him) and offered some words of encouragement to Peak. He, in turn, told me to stop playing online poker. Good advice.

I then went over to the other table in the tournament, when I saw this text in the room's chat box:

23skidoo: I bet that Fuel doesn't even make it to the money. Any takers?

At the time, Fuel was the chip leader with over 4500 in chips. Second place had 3600 at most, but beyond that, Fuel was way ahead of the rest of the pack. There were only 11 or 10 players left and I have a lot of respect for Fuel's game, mostly because he has the mind for the game, not to mention the attention span, something I woefully lack, online.

All that said, I wasn't going to take Skidoo up on his offer, because Fuel was sitting out. Now, I don't know what I missed, but I figured that Fuel probably knocked out Skidoo, took a big chip lead, and then, for whatever reason, timed out. Now, I like me some gamble, so I was considering Skidoo's offer when I see that Fuel had returned. Had he not returned, I couldn't take the deal. He had a nice lead, but anyone worth their weight in poop would've stole his blinds once the bubble came if he was still sitting out.

Now that he was back, I wondered if Skidoo would still honor the offer, but I jumped on it nonetheless:

HighOnPokr: I'll take that action, Skid.
23skidoo: $20?
HighOnPokr: $10

And it was done. $10. I then proceeded to watch the rest of the tournament, something I rarely do if I'm not still in the game.

Fuel's play impressed me. He set farms like a mofo, and its something I'll consider doing in the future. As a result, he felted someone when he made a set of 2s against pocket Kings, and someone else when he hit a set of 6s against pocket Tens. He was aggressive, but overall kept a level head and a strong amount of chips.

Four-handed, it was Fuel, GCox, CC, and one other player who now slips my mind (sorry, but my eye was on my action on Fuel and my good pal G). It looked like G would bubble, but amazingly, he made a valiant comeback from a short stack. Fuel took a beat and dropped to the short stack, but fought his way back. In the end, it was the forgotten player that busted and I did myself a happy dance. Skidoo paid up and I made $10 at CC's Thursday Bash without even buying in. Fuel also repeated by taking 1st, two weeks in a row. Congrats to G as well, who happened to money in 4 token tournaments along with his CC cash.

And that was basically it. I turned off the comp once the bubble burst and I made my money, and watched some tv before hitting the hay. I got a bit of a poker fix, but more importantly, I got to reconnect with some of the guys I hadn't chatted with in a while.

Until next time, make mine poker!

posted by Jordan @ 12:03 PM,

11 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

email sent to your yahoo account. be on the lookout for it

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Fuel55 said...

So sweet. Nothing more fun than busting Brian's ballz.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger slb159 said...

I believe L0K1 was the bubble boy.

You can find his blog here:
http://patch--work.blogspot.com/

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Patch said...

So much for getting my name out there by playing blogger tournaments. ;-(

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Jordan. Just caught up on your last couple of posts, so I will reply her to something you actually covered yesterday. I am in fact coming down to Caesar's on Saturday March 10 for some poker. In fact, I looked at the schedule, and I'm sure I will play in the $340 buyin nlh tournament that goes off at noon that day. I thought I recalled you saying earlier you didn't have the roll to play in the big tourney on Saturday, but at this point you can't really say that anymore now can you? So are you hittin that shit with me or what?

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

Sorry, L0K1, aka Patch. My bad.

Hoy, that event is a mega satellite to the Main Event, which is on Monday. I can't take off on Monday, so I'll have to skip that tournament. I would be willing to try satellites to tournaments that start on Saturday, though, which I think is a $1000 event. Otherwise, I'd gladly play cash or other tournaments in AC.

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger 23skidoo said...

There's a reason my parents kept me in therapy through highschool, turns out I'm just really that stupid.

Nothing says publicity like moronic blogger prop bets. weeee!

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger CC said...

Thanks for dropping by, Jordan. Look forward to having you join us next time.

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Jordan.

I'm looking at the schedule right now.

March 10, Saturday. $300 + $40 -- it's Event #6 of the series. There is also a $300 + $30 mega-satellite, but I can't play in the main event either on Monday. I'm talking about Event #6.

Am I misreading the schedule? And if not, are you playing it with me or what?

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Hoy, Event 6 is 1000$ buy-in. Check out the schedule here:

http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/events/eventinfo.sps?eventid=37804

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

"And Peaker was awesome in finishing 6th. He really played well."


LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home