Check It: DADI |

 




In Hiding

Do I have to post?

Yes, yes you do.

Why? Can't I just skip a day? I don't have anything good to say.

I don't give a shit. You have a blog, you are a blogger, now fucking blog.

No need to get so snippy. But I don't want to blog about my bad players and badder beats.

Do you have anything else to blog about?

Not really...

Then get to it!

Fine, but I'm not sending anyone any dollars.

I just want to hide my head. In an attempt to stave off the fear of poker following my big loss two nights ago, I switched to some 50 max PLO8 yesterday with SLB159. SLB was able to win $3 before he realized that we were actually in a No Limit Omaha 8 or better room. Duggle stopped by and stuck with his blog name by claiming that he would never play No Limit Omaha because he is a purist. Maybe my sensitivity level is a bit higher than usual, but when I hear someone say that they are a purist, I can't help but catch a whiff of high-horsing. After all, if he is a purist, then what does that make me? That's right, a dirty, tainted degenerate. Oh wait, my bad. He was right.

I figured NLO8 would actually be good. After all, I imagined the unexperienced would play there. I immediately figured out a tell/read that worked across the board. If a player bet huge, they had it. I then called a redonkulously high bet into a x333x board with KKxx in my hand, only to come across a slow-playing 3xxx. Yep, down $20, I got the fuck out.

I decided to call it a night until Veneno convinced me to stick around. The one light spot in my game lately has been at HU and I easily convinced V to get a 4-person HU SNG going at Tilt. SLB and Duggle joined. Unfortunately, my girlie yahoo chat wasn't working and V gave the signal to enter the SNG when I had yet to get over the correct window. Consequently, the three other bloggers player a 4p without me. I decided to try one on my own.

The light is still there. My HU play is tight, and I dominated the action. I was up 1400-600 when I bet preflop with AdJs, knowing full well that my opponent was getting desperate. The flop was 6cJcQx, and I bet pot. He pushed all-in and I confidentally called. He held Jh7c, and I was way ahead...until the turn and river were clubs and he doubled-up off of me on a runner-runner flush. $1 down, $1 to go.

So be it! I started to fight my way back, now with a shorter stack and the pressure on. I was down to 300 at one point, but was up to 700 when I held TT. Cold, I raised all-in, knowing that my opponent was dumb as rocks. He called with AT, and hit his Ace on the flop.

I cursed the game of poker. I shut down my computer. And I sat there bewildered.

Bad beats happen. It's just been tough. All day its been tough. I keep replaying the stupid NLO8 hand (it was the first thing I thought of when I went to bed and the first thing I thought of when I awoke). I've been snippy with wifey Kim, and I'm not keen about my parents dropping off the devil cat later today. They want to go to dinner (on their dime), and while I should be 100% for it, instead I just want to be left alone. Wifey Kim is going to watch Project Runway at her friend's place, so its just me, Ernie (the cat), and poker, once my parents are gone.

I am really beginning to understand why this poker-centric life is not what its cracked up to be. I will overcome, though. The passion of poker rages through my veins. There are no two ways about that. So, do me a favor; say a little prayer for me. I'm pleading directly to the poker gods (and Jehovah, Jesus, Adonai, Buddha, the Dali Lama, Vishnu and Allah, just to be safe), "I've made my penance. Now, free me from these shackles of bad luck."

So, um, that's my post. And if you don't like it, I'll play you heads up for $1000!

posted by Jordan @ 6:12 PM,

5 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger MrGoss said...

Peace be with you poker brother.........Now go your way and bag some donkeys.....

MG

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

Sorry, DTB, but it was a choice between not posting and posting what I was feeling at the time. Feel free to skip posts like this, but this is not entirely a strategy-based blog, and sometimes I admittedly use it to air out my thoughts. The other thing is that some people read something like this and think that this is where I'm at permanently. More often than not, it is a temporary thing, which is actually releived from the post. So, as I said, it you don't like it, I'll play you heads up for $1000! Otherwise, feel free to skip this type of stuff.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Pokerwolf said...

If you don't have doubts or downswings, then you don't celebrate the victories as much.

It's the other side of the coin, honestly.

Hang in there, Jordan! Congrats on your 2nd place finish!

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

NLO8 IS more profitable then PLO8... but since the game NL games don't advance generally beyond the $1/$2 tables it doesn't make for great "learning time".

Also, if you have a little gamble in you (durrrrrrr) try the $1/$2 NLO8 game at Full Tilt. Its usually packed with wild idiots.

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Would you consider playing me HU for less than 1k? I really love playing with you..exception for V?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home