Check It: DADI |

 




EW Bitch Slaps Doyle Brunson

In a shocking sign that Poker is not as Mainstream as we all thought, Entertainment Weekly, in their August 18th issue had this to say about the upcoming poker-themed movie, "Lucky You":

"For [Eric, the Incredible Hulk] Bana, who shot Lucky You before taking on the lead role in Steven Spielberg's Munich, the struggle was not conjuring his characters emotions but rather sustaining his interest in the endless hours spent at the poker table. '[Director] Curtis [Hanson] was so intent on each detail being right, and it meant thousands of hours playing the same hand over and over, says the actor, sho spent months under the tuteladge of poker legends like Dale Brunson." (bold added).
I mean, come on EW! It's one thing if you spell Matusow wrong, but this is Doyle "Texas Dolly" Brunson. A simple internet search would've sufficed as fact-checking here.

I'll let it slip this time, EW, but only because you've proved that poker is still not mainstream enough. Oh, and Bana, this movie better not suck as bad as the Hulk, or I'm holding you responsible, buddy.

posted by Jordan @ 10:05 PM,

2 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Blogger Pseudo_Doctor said...

lets give jordan some credit here defend the blinds im sure EW was on the shelves at the checkout line was he was waiting to put his grocceries on the belt. I mean i read the headlines on those things all the time...actually pic one up and flip through them thats another story....

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Ok, ok, ok. Now, I'm all for a more enlightening magazine, but I'm also an admitted entertainment-aholic. So what, I read Entertainment Weekly?! I probably could run rings around all of you in an entertainment current events version of Trivial Pursuit.

Damn it, next time, I'll lie and say I read it in Penthouse Forum.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home