Check It: DADI |

 




Goalie

Yeah. Well, last night just sucked. I won $60 at one .25/.50 NL table and then lost about $170 (for a total loss of $110) in various NL tables and SNGs. I stink!

I woke up this morning after having a very vivid dream about being on vacation with my first girlfriend ever, Melissa. I remember that I was trying to re-kindle the flames, if only for one session. In my dream, she still looked the same, but she had an unseen child somewhere. All I knew was that I wanted to hit it and then quit it. I woke up next to wifey Kim. I was still in a sour mood about the loss the night before and the dream didn't leave me in high spirits either.

"What's wrong?" She can read me like a book sometimes. "Eh, I just had a bad dream and I lost $110 last night." "Aw, it's okay, it's just a dream."

I'm so lucky to have her. She didn't even flinch at the $110 loss.

But she shouldn't either. I mean, non-poker playing spouses/girlfriends/boyfriends (that last one is for Karol) don't necessarily understand how poker money works. Wifey Kim and I are going through a financial crunch time right now, yet I have about $750 sitting in my bedroom and over $1000 online. Why don't we just take that money and live a bit more comfortably? Because then I'll have no bankroll and have to play small stakes games just to earn my way back to a decent roll. Instead, I can leave that money stashed away and play some more expensive games, winning more money and increasing my ability to withdraw with impunity.

Now, don't get me wrong. When wifey Kim and I were discussing finances and she asked how much I had online, she definitely looked as though she wanted a withdrawal. That's understandable. But she didn't push it.

And don't get me wrong the other way either. When I won $650 in AC, I bought wifey Kim some jewelery with my winnings. She deserves to profit from my poker play, too.

Fortunately, we've found a happy medium.

But onto goals. Last year, my goal was to win $1200 playing poker. I reasoned that if I could win $1200, or $100/month, at least all of my time with this silly little game would have some cognizable benefit. I was not looking good until December 2005, when I went on a tear and ended up $1251 for the year.

This year, I decided to up that goal to $1800. At the time, I reasoned that I had a $300 bankroll, and I didn't have much opportunities to play live for serious stakes. If I could make $150 a month, that'd be a vast improvement. Joaquin, however, thought I was being short-sighted. He insisted that this year's goal should be 3x last year's goal, or $3600 for the year. Not me, I thought. I wanted an easily reachable goal, so that I wouldn't be disappointed if I fell short.

Joaquin, you were right. I was short-sighted. As of last night (possibly prior to my losses), I was up about $1400 for the year so far. In all actuality, that was from Valentine's Day on, when I lost my original year-to-date ledger. So, it's time to re-evaluate.

New goal for 2006...$2400. Again, it's an easily attainable goal. I have no doubt that the beginning of year may have come with some positive variance, expecially in my live game, where about $1000 of the $1400 was made. My online game is not exactly what it should be, but hopefully I can turn that corner.

So, not $3600, yet. But I'm getting there. Maybe I'll be re-evaluated in a couple of months, bumping it to Joaquin's suggested number. Let's hope so. Until then, make mine Poker!

In DADI news, the VegasPokerPro Bounty, originally placed on VPP_Dave will now be on Mark from VPP (I believe his screenname is VPP*Mark, but you'll know him when you see him. Knock out Mark and get 500 VPP points, which can be used in the VPP store.

I'm also working on another big-name sponsor, probably for DADI 7. I'll let that cat out of the bag when it's ready.

Trip has set up the actual game now on Stars, so head over and sign up. I'll be doing it tonight, so that I don't donk off my entire Stars roll before the DADI 6.

I'm also signing up for Noble poker's Reload bonus (or for new depositors, Bonus Code HighPoker). I had been working off a bonus at Titan, and I have $15 left out of the $100 bonus. I withdrew all of my money there yesterday, and I'll be depositing at Noble, which has easier bonus requirements and an upcoming $500k freeroll which I was invited to. Crossing my fingers, as we speak.

posted by Jordan @ 11:38 AM,

2 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see you're as good as staying away from SNG's as I am. They're like heroin, aren't they?

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least heroine feels good and helps you lose weight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home