Check It: DADI |

 




Can't Keep a Good Man Down

Let me adjust my most recent statements. I will continue to blog during the day, but to a lesser extent. My boss called me into his office at 8 AM this morning. I didn’t expect anyone to be in, and my goal was to do some last minute file reviews before heading to court. When he called me in, I was slightly nervous. However, he led off with, “Jordan, I just wanted to tell you that we are very happy with your work here.” What more was needed to be said. It feels good to know that you are doing a good job. Confidence can only help me as I move forward.

Last night I had the supreme pleasure of leaving work and rushing to Penn Station to take a train to LI. Fiance Kim and I arrived in LI at 7:25 PM, in time to catch a ride from Mama High to our wedding place (Caterer? Temple? Both?). We went through a lot of the loose ends, choosing the color of table linens, napkins, etc., the menu and some other odds and ends. I spent most of the time smiling and nodding to Kim’s suggestions. My one stand regarded the cocktail hour. One of the “trendy” things nowadays is to have a…ready for it…mashed potato bar. I’ve been to a bat mitzvah where they had one. It’s basically a table with three different types of mashed potatoes: regular, sweet potato, and wasabi. Yep, wasabi. I put the kibosh on the mashed potato bar immediately. Maybe it is my natural aversion to the mashed potato texture, but I thought the idea of a mashed potato bar was cheesy. That is my contribution to the wedding. No mashed potatoes for anyone! I rule with an iron fist.

We caught a 9:30 PM train back to the city. By the time we got home, it was 10:45 PM. My brother Keith needed some help in his apartment, a mere three floors away. When I got back upstairs, fiancé Kim was mostly asleep. I let her sleep and fired up the computer. GCox and I played some 1/2 limit on Noble (he was actually on Titan, but they use the same tables). I simultaneously, I had two 1/2 tables open from Poker Rewards. It’s been a while since I’ve played 1/2 limit. It was actually fun to grind away the boni.

On the poker front, I have my bachelor party next weekend. Boy time flies. The party is in beautiful Atlantic City, so gambling will be plentiful. I also have to go to South Jersey for work on Friday. If I can angle it right, I might stay in AC Friday night and let the gambling begin early.

After this week at the 523 Club, I received an offer for another underground poker room, known as the Genoa Club. They have $30 freezeout tourneys on Tues, Wed, and Thurs, which is ridiculously low for a NYC club. I look forward to potentially attending next week.

With everything happening, a live home game is the last thing on my mind. Hole played at his place last night, so I hope that went well for my poker crew. For me, it’s online poker tonight (fiancé Kim and I have decided to have an easy night, and she is a little under the weather) and for the near future. Can’t say I’m unhappy though, as I’m looking forward to some ole school online poker action.

One last thing. On my last check, I am the 6th most popular blogger once again. I believe Pauly was 5th. Good. I’d feel guilty if I was higher than the Great One.

Pokerama!

posted by Jordan @ 1:26 PM,

6 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger GaryC said...

I figured out why you are so damn popular. It's all this SPAM for penis enlargement pills.
HaHa-you're gonna have to turn on the wavy word reader too.

G

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Four spam-comments in under an hour. I guess that is the pitfall of being so damn popular. GCox, you are just encouraging them. I will not bow down to their pressure tactics. No wavy word reader for this here blog. It's a blog of and for the people, even if the people are retarded spammers.

"Hey! I just found your blog. It's great! Keep it up! Check out my blog on dish towels!"

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger WillWonka said...

Wait.. what was that link for the dish towels.. I can always use some good dish towels.. NOT!!!

Have fun at the BP.. don't do what GCox would do... whatever that is...

 
At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi am glad I found your blog. I have a blog also...Its called "Wives with stinky dish towels.com"

Check it out!

Anyway sorry about the spam...And stand strong...Vote NO on 'wavy word reader'!!!

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

Hi,

I am to liking your blog all the way from China. For lucky best stiff, use Rove Rong Time Juice. Can you do any less? You are blogging for great. Can you see I am serious loudly?

For awsoma power, visit my blog. Can you accept challenge.?.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

guess that would have worked much better with an anonymous title

 

Post a Comment

<< Home