Check It: DADI |

 




SNG Challenge Rules

With the SNG challenge starting on Monday, and a slew of newer readers, here is a Rule Book for the SNG Challenge.

The SNG Challenge is a competition between six competitors: Me (Jordan aka HighOnPoker), DNasty, SteelerJosh, Kipper, GCox25, and TripJax.

Each player's entry fee is $25. The challenge starts this Monday, July 11th, and continues for four weeks, ending August 7th. The player with the most money at the end of the challenge wins $125 (their buy-in and $100 profit. The second place player wins their buy-in back ($25).

The challenge is structured as follows: Each player has $55 in an Ultimate Bet account. Players are to play SNGs ONLY with their $55. They can play ANY LIMIT SNG, and for that matter, but it must be a No Limit SNG, and it must NOT be heads-up. So, while I am still unfamiliar with Ultimate Bet, players can hypothetically play 6-person tournaments or 9/10 person tournaments. Likewise, players can start with $5 tournaments or go for broke with a $50 tournament. Bankroll management will obviously be a factor, as if a player busts out, he is automatically a loser in the challenge.

Players are on an honor system, but are expected to keep a spreadsheet or other record of their wins and losses.

That's basically it. If you are interested in railbirding or saying hi at UB, I'm under the screenname HighOnPokr (leave off the last E for +EV).

If you are interested in joining the challenge by game start on Monday, please leave a comment.

Keep an eye out for live SNG Challenge coverage. And please check out my competitor's sites, as I am sure they will have some great updates. Its only a matter of time before we play at the same SNG. Hillarity will ensue.

Preview: Coming soon, the Heads-Up Challenge, scheduled to start shortly after the SNG Challenge ends.

posted by Jordan @ 5:31 PM,

8 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

I'll definitely be down with the Heads Up challenge too. I'm ready for Monday biatches.

Look for me as tripjax on UB.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Pii, if you are still interested in getting into the SNG Challenge, shoot me a comment. I've figured out who you are (winner of Pauly's Freeroll), and you are more than invited to join.

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger STeelerJosh said...

I played a MTT SNG on UB tonight.... and it made me wonder do they count? I don't have a preference either way, but perhaps we should define that for sure. If it is a vote, I am for allowing MTT SNGs, but probably would not play them much if at all. (Not that I am bitter about bubbling out!!)

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger GaryC said...

I'm for allowing Pii to join also. The more the merrier, as far as I'm concerned.

I also vote to allow MTT SNG's if that'w what you want to play. I have no problem with it.

G

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

There are a couple of tricky questions about the SNGs.

1. Only NL Hold'em?

2. MTT SNGs?

I'm inclined to keep this as uniform as possible. I haven't used UB yet, so I don't know how their MTT SNGs work. I still say that for the sake of uniformity we stick to STT SNGs and NLHE ONLY. The strategies in MTT SNG and STT SNGs are different, and we want to test each other's abilities on a level playing feild.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger D said...

I am up for anything, I was going to stick to STT, 6 or 10, and NL only. Maybe we should stick to STT for this challenge. Sure add Pii if he wants to donate his money. Jordan when you are on next at UB and I am on, I will try and transfer the 25 from the Limit Challenge.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger GaryC said...

Anyway you want to do it is fine with me. I will be playing 10 person, single table, No Limit SNG's, but if you want to allow the others, it is okay by me. If not, it is okay by me, also.

G

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger STeelerJosh said...

Single table - No Limit sounds good to me. 6 or 10, different risk/rewards for each, I am sure we will have to come up with our own strategy. I like the payout structure for winning a 6 (70/30) but if you go out 6th, 5th, 4th, or 3rd.... it is a big fat goose egg.

The gambler in me is tempted to go for broke on a 50+5 6 person SNG. If I won, it would be a nice jumpstart ($210) but it would be no fun at all if I did not place. I think the little angel on the left shoulder will win this debate. 5+.50, here I come.

So, in wrap up, the challenge will consist of single table (6 or 10) NL Hold Em SNGs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home