Check It: DADI |

 




Roulette!

As some of you know, I'm not just a poker player; I'm also a "reformed" gambler. But when I am gambooling, I'm usually at a few particular games.

Aside from Pai Gow, my personal favorite, I tend to find myself playing roulette. Roulette is the one of those games that you can play with mindless glee. Even so, there seems to be a variety of roulette strategies that have caught my eye.

There is, of course, the guys who only play on the outside. These bets are usually of the coin toss variety, or maybe the shell game variety, where you choose either Red of Black (cointoss) or first, second or third column of numbers (shell game, since you are picking one out of three options. These people will stay with their outside bets, since you can put all of your money on one spot and still have the chance to double or triple up, without much stress or thought. My party poker buddies, like Roose, often pull the hit-and-run maneuver, stopping by a table with their profits or whats left of their chips and dropping it on Red or Black with wanton abandon. It's not much of a roulette strategie, but for a quick thrill, it gets the job done.

Other guys prefer to play the inside numbers. Of this group, there are two subsets, and maybe four, if you really want to go into detail. Guys like me like to play the bare minimum on the table and spread it out, with one or two chips per number, enough to total the table minimum. I usually play the same numbers, but others like to mix it up, changing their numbers regularly (hence the four subsets). The other players like to pile it up, stacking large stacks across the table. They are looking for the big score, and when they hit, they hit BIG! I've seen players walk away with racks of black $100 chips by overloading the board and getting paid. Quite frankly, it seems like a bit of a riskier roulette system, but I've seen it work too many times to discount it.

Whatever you choose, just remember that at its heart, roulette is like another lottery or a complicated keno game. You pick your numbers, you spin the wheel, and you wait to see what the gambling gods have decided. And when you are done, whether you win or lose, you better have had a good time, or you were playing the wrong game to begin with.

Until next time, make mine poker!

posted by Jordan @ 9:59 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home