Check It: DADI |

 




Diet

I've set myself on an online poker diet. It's quite simple. When I can, I will play Full Tilt's nightly Pot Limit Omaha Hi tournament ($26) at 9:15 EST. I've been playing it randomly these last few weeks and I love it. Omaha is just so much more interesting than NLHE, particularly online. There is just so much going on, and the class of player is much lower than NLHE.

Make no doubt about it, I still love NLHE, but when I play it online it can be a bit tedious. Omaha, on the other hand, is practically unheard of in my live poker circles, so it has to be online.

The reason for the diet is three-fold: First, I want a real goal, something to drive me to focus more and play better. The tourney has a guaranteed prize pool of $5,000, so it's worth enough to be well worth the effort. Second, I want a reason to not jump into a bajillion tourneys, one after another. With the diet, I will do my best to play this one tourney and only this one tourney. That will hopefully make me pay even more attention and play my best, since I only get one game per night. Finally, the third reason is the fact that I have been bubbling or near-bubbling all sorts of Omaha tourneys a lot lately, and I need to figure out what the reason is. Admittedly, some times I just push too hard with a hand, but particularly around the bubble, I am playing well. I don't want to tighten up at the bubble because I want to play for 1st, not the lowest money spot, but I also should not be bubbling as often as I have.

Until next time, make mine poker!

posted by Jordan @ 2:22 PM,

1 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I agree. I don't play NLHE much anymore online. Omaha has my attention right now. If you want to read a book, Hwang's is really good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home